• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    I've been there a couple times for various reasons. It's a nice place. Unfortunately, the stars haven't aligned yet for me to get to the meeting to join. Nor will they next week :crying:

All of the people I have met there have been great, very friendly and helpful. The clubhouse needs to be about twice as big as it is, though.

Bowling pins are fun, even if you suck, which I did.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I'm going to join a conservation club, and this one is the closest. They don't have a large caliber rifle range, but this is Speedway. Is anyone here a member? What have you heard about it?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan:popcorn:

A LOT of the people here are members.

It's a great place: laid-back, nice atmosphere. It can be pretty crowded on a nice weekend, but during the week, it's usually not crowded at all.

Join. You won't regret it!

bigbore

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Indy S Side
    I am a member and it is a great range. As you said there is no large caliber CF rifles are allowed. You can shoot pistol caliber rifles though.

The people are nice and it can get crowded prior to hunting season. This club has many special events so the range is closed during these times. You should always check their calendar prior to going.

They have a bow range, you can fish there, some picnic areas, and a fireplace/firepit. There is also a port-a-potty by the range.

Been a member for a few years and I highly recommend it. I think they are planning to install an electric automatic gate. :rockwoot:

IN_Revol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    The Greater West Laf
    I've been a member there in the past, and if I move back to the Indy area, I will be a member again! Very nice, clean range, and everyone i've met there has been great. Can't recommend it enough!

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Have heard it is crowded although I have never been.

Your source is not reliable. There are times when more folks are using the facility than others, but it is almost never "crowded".

If you'd like to check out the facility some time just drop me a PM and I'll be glad to show you around.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Your source is not reliable. There are times when more folks are using the facility than others, but it is almost never "crowded".

If you'd like to check out the facility some time just drop me a PM and I'll be glad to show you around.

I've never seen MCF&G crowded, except for some FNS matches.

spitfire51

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    The most I've ever seen was four or five other people on the line besides myself. Although I should confess I'm usually there in the middle of the week.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I'm going to join a conservation club, and this one is the closest. They don't have a large caliber rifle range, but this is Speedway. Is anyone here a member? What have you heard about it?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan:popcorn:
    Joined in feb, havn't had a chance to get out and meet folks yet. Very nice facility with good folks running it.

smbaldwin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    cumberland
    i have been thinking of checking this place out. i grew up by the coke feild and can say that they always seemed to be busy on tuesdays

Top Bottom