• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sorry if this post is redundant; I just noticed that I had posted an answer in another thread to someone that posed a question in 2010... Without further ado...

The monthly Board meeting at Marion County Fish and Game Association is coming up on Tuesday, May 3rd at 7:15 pm.

Dues are $100 yearly and there is a one-time $25 fee for new members to cover your gate keycard. Renewals are $100. Also, don't forget that members receive discounts for many programs (i.e. Trap, Friday Night Steel, Bowling Pins).

If you want to save time, print the application and fill it out ahead of time and bring it with you to the meeting. Here is a link to it:

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Application.pdf

You can also take the quiz ahead of time (you'll need to refer to our rules to complete)

http://www.indyrange.org/media/Rules...ement_Quiz.pdf
    http://www.indyrange.org/media/Range...2011-01-04.pdf

All new members are required to go through our safety training before they can become a member. Our Safety Coordinator (Chris) will go over the rules, and there is time for Q&A. The next opportunities for safety training would be during monthly Board meetings, and our annual Volunteer Day on Saturday, April 2nd at 10:00 am. While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for us to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety training, as we have 800+ member families.

Visit www.IndyRange.com for details about the range and facilities as well as programs and matches that we offer. The link also contains directions to the club. Our physical address is 7052 Crawfordsville Rd., Indianapolis, IN.

We just opened two new state-of-the-art 25 meter pistol bays in addition to the main range. With these bays, there will be much more time for open shooting at the club, as this allows members to shoot during the same time as many of our regular programs.

Thanks for your interest in our club, and for helping us promote the shooting sports in Indiana. It is through the memberships of so many people that we have been able to continuously improve (new gate, new roof, new bays, etc.) the club in the past year. We just finished a handicap accessible bathroom that Members can use during normal hours! Thanks to our existing Members, and we look forward to having new members join us in 2011!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I'm already a member but I plan to shoot that day, and I might bring someone interested in joining. He picks up his Glock 22 on saturday. :)

By the way, are you in charge of the Friday Night Steel program? I have never competed before and might want to stop by and watch before getting my hands dirty.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I

By the way, are you in charge of the Friday Night Steel program? I have never competed before and might want to stop by and watch before getting my hands dirty.

Just plan on doing it man, EVERYONE who has come to “watch” has been sad once the fun started. Trust me, I was one of them.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I'm already a member but I plan to shoot that day, and I might bring someone interested in joining. He picks up his Glock 22 on saturday. :)

Anton is our Match Director for FNS; his contact info is available on our website www.IndyRange.org

Cru is right about people wanting to shoot once they've watched, but feel free to do whatever you're comfortable with. If you're interested in shooting and want to come and watch the first time, that's ok. If you're willing to take the plunge and get started, even better.

Thanks for bringing a friend to the range; that's how we get most of our new members!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Just plan on doing it man, EVERYONE who has come to “watch” has been sad once the fun started. Trust me, I was one of them.

I have three 17 round mags and two 33 round mags....LOL.. You need five mags right? I guess I would compete in "Production" with ten rounds in the mag on my stock Glock 17. Think the 33 rounders would be a bit cumbersome. Also, I have a holster but no mag holders. Can I be ghetto and just have them hanging out of my pockets? :n00b:

Guess I might need to hit up a shop, midwayusa.com or Natchez SS before May 13th. $$$ is kind of an issue right now, though.

Oni7734

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Speedway

I brought a buddy with me today to go shoot... He's going to join.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have three 17 round mags and two 33 round mags....LOL.. You need five mags right? I guess I would compete in "Production" with ten rounds in the mag on my stock Glock 17. Think the 33 rounders would be a bit cumbersome. Also, I have a holster but no mag holders. Can I be ghetto and just have them hanging out of my pockets? :n00b:

Guess I might need to hit up a shop, midwayusa.com or Natchez SS before May 13th. $$$ is kind of an issue right now, though.

No problem at all. If it is your first time, I'd enter in "Limited" so that you can load your mags as full as you want. Then later on, you can enter in "Production" and download the mags to 10 rounds if you want. There are typically plastic drums or a shelf in front of the shooter where you can set your mags, but pockets are fine too. I promise you won't be the only one :)

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Do you have to come back the next month for the safety training or is it done during the meeting Tuesday night? I will be coming with a couple of guys from work and we are looking forward to joining!

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    No problem at all. If it is your first time, I'd enter in "Limited" so that you can load your mags as full as you want. Then later on, you can enter in "Production" and download the mags to 10 rounds if you want. There are typically plastic drums or a shelf in front of the shooter where you can set your mags, but pockets are fine too. I promise you won't be the only one :)

Thanks, I talked to the gentleman in charge, and he recommended the same. I have two more 17rd mags coming, so I think with five 17 rounders loaded up I will be ok. Looking forward to giving it a go. :rockwoot:

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Everything at 1 meeting!

Do you have to come back the next month for the safety training or is it done during the meeting Tuesday night? I will be coming with a couple of guys from work and we are looking forward to joining!

You can accomplish everything at 1 meeting, just make sure you're on time. If you print out the paperwork and have it filled out before you arrive (see links in the OP) it will speed things up too. We look forward to having you and your buddies as new members!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks to everybody for coming out tonight! We had a great turnout, and the weather held off so we could have a rain-free safety orientation!

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Thanks to everybody for coming out tonight! We had a great turnout, and the weather held off so we could have a rain-free safety orientation!

I was sitterless and there is no way I could have done it with the 2 year old. I would have been banned on the first day..... :):

Is the monthly board meeting the only opportunity for the safety orientations? If so I hope to see you in June!

cs

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was sitterless and there is no way I could have done it with the 2 year old. I would have been banned on the first day..... :):

Is the monthly board meeting the only opportunity for the safety orientations? If so I hope to see you in June!

cs

Corey,
    While we'd love to schedule additional times for safety training of new members, it's very difficult due to the size of the club. Here's our normal verbage:

All new members are required to go through our safety orientation before they can become a member. Our Safety Coordinator (Chris) will go over the rules, and there is time for Q&A. The next opportunities for safety orientation would be during monthly Board meetings. While I understand it can be a pain to make a Tuesday night meeting (you may have to take vacation, etc.), it is very difficult for us to schedule special times to meet new members at the club for safety orientation, as we have 800+ member families.

Top Bottom