• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Not much here in Monroe County at noon. Maybe 3/4" of sleet with nothing coming down.
    I hate to poke the sleeping bear, but do we think they overrated this storm?

20140302_114448_zpsgizjuoxc.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They sensationalize for ratings. Weather is now a business needing revenue streams to pay for radar/choppers/6 talking head weather guessers and so on. Makes me nuts and i try not to pay attention but they have a hook in the wife.....:dunno:

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Here on the west side we've got more than that already . The sleet was coming down at 5:00 am this morning then we got some light accumulation of snow on top of that .

Naw , I think the worst of it is supposed to come in later today .

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    It looks like they had it wrong. There is a page on Facebook I follow that has been pretty accurate all winter. They posted this comment about an hour ago.

Needless to say this has been a tough forecast for everyone, myself included. A lot went wrong with this storm system and it was a very complicated set-up. A high pressure system from the North caused dry air to eat away at the snow potential across Northern and North Central Indiana. Warmer air aloft caused sleet and freezing rain to move farther North than expected. The low pressure system was very strung out causing the forecast models to be of very little help when trying to forecast snowfall amounts or the track of this storm.

The snow potential is just about done across Northern Indiana but another wave will bring snow back to Central and Southern Indiana tonight. Here's a look at our updated Rosa's Office PlusSnowCast. This is what we expect through tomorrow for additional snowfall accumulations.

Again it was not a good forecast. I'm not making excuses but just trying to explain what went wrong.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It looks like they had it wrong. There is a page on Facebook I follow that has been pretty accurate all winter. They posted this comment about an hour ago.

Needless to say this has been a tough forecast for everyone, myself included. A lot went wrong with this storm system and it was a very complicated set-up. A high pressure system from the North caused dry air to eat away at the snow potential across Northern and North Central Indiana. Warmer air aloft caused sleet and freezing rain to move farther North than expected. The low pressure system was very strung out causing the forecast models to be of very little help when trying to forecast snowfall amounts or the track of this storm.

The snow potential is just about done across Northern Indiana but another wave will bring snow back to Central and Southern Indiana tonight. Here's a look at our updated Rosa's Office PlusSnowCast. This is what we expect through tomorrow for additional snowfall accumulations.

Again it was not a good forecast. I'm not making excuses but just trying to explain what went wrong.

An apology from on high.....amazing.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I really like this guy's page. He is bluntly honest most of the time and often disagrees with what the local media put on the TV and such. I ignore them and read what his page says.

My wife has got to watch the 5:00 and 10:00 news casts which are near than same drivel. She is hooked and believes what those inflated butt heads are spewing about the weather......Nearly always sensationalized Bravo Sierra.
    I have weather on demand and it is nearly always much closer to reality.
    I also have sources that work for the FAA and I can get what they are telling the pilots.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Boy who cried wolf!

They sensationalize for ratings...
    talking head weather guessers

We have this moron Curtis in Fort Wayne that just loves to hear himself talk. Always going on and on about the disastrous storm we will be getting and then it "just missed us". He interrupted a good portion of a Stanley Cup game last year for an extended Live Weather Update for RAIN. He kept hoping for it to turn into ice or snow but it was just rain and he still had to blather on and on about how bad it would be if the temperature would just drop a few degrees. This went on for an entire period and then someone in authority must have got on the phone because he was gone for the third period of the game.

This weekend he warned us to all buy ingredients for French Toast as there could be TEN inches of snow. I bet his wife was disappointed on their wedding night after he kept promising ten inches and he showed up several inches short of his prediction.

Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Conspiracy says weathermen are in cahoots with grocery store owners and receive kickbacks based on the inches of snow they predict. They were just trying to squeeze the last drops of green from the deal before the season closes out.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Conspiracy says weathermen are in cahoots with grocery store owners and receive kickbacks based on the inches of snow they predict. They were just trying to squeeze the last drops of green from the deal before the season closes out.

I hate french toast gougers.

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Plenty of rain here in the Louisville/Clarksville/Jeffersonville area. I was in Madison this morning and watched about a 1/4" of ice materialize as I headed home around 9:00, but that seemed to evaporate around the Sellersburg area.

Top Bottom