• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It is my anniversary so I'll likely not make this one. I already tried suggesting that it be our "evening plans" but that didn't get received with any serious consideration.:dunno:

I got outvoted (one to one) again!:D

It's always better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.
    Begin this tactic early in the marriage, preferably before the vows.
    After 20 or so years have passed they will beg you to leave the house to shoot

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Anton is swamped this week, so I thought I'd make it official...

Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, March 11th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will start sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooter's meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.

YOU MUST ATTEND THE SHOOTERS/SAFETY MEETING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE MATCH. Sign-in will close at the start of the Shooters meeting.

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE
    . That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

http://www.cafepress.com/inertia_apparel/5644519

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Your help with setup is greatly appreciated. Please help tear down your last stage.

rmoore911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    SE Indy
    i wish i could make it out there for this, i just got back into shooting after a very long hiatus, and this seems like a fun way to spend a friday evening.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    This will be my first FNS. And i'll be bringing a friend. I will be shooting a XD9 tactical and my friend a G19. I look forward to a fun night of shooting!

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I may be there, my mother is coming to town tonight for a visit.

Can you feel the excitement in my voice?

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    crap i just realized FNS was tonight. i already had other plans, i quickly called and cancelled them. now to the reloading table to get my reloads for the night.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    It was pretty chilly tonight at FNS, my son's and my feet were freezing when we left.:n00b: I was going to shoot my MkIII, but decided to just watch him shoot.

My son shot his first FNS with his SR9. He did exceptionally well IMO.:D As long as work will allow, we BOTH plan on shooting at April's FNS.

BTW, he shot the USA Ammo I had bought a couple of weeks ago. It performed flawlessly. I will be buying more, you can't beat it for $8.45/50.:yesway:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It was pretty chilly tonight at FNS, my son's and my feet were freezing when we left.:n00b: I was going to shoot my MkIII, but decided to just watch him shoot.

My son shot his first FNS with his SR9. He did exceptionally well IMO.:D As long as work will allow, we BOTH plan on shooting at April's FNS.

BTW, he shot the USA Ammo I had bought a couple of weeks ago. It performed flawlessly. I will be buying more, you can't beat it for $8.45/50.:yesway:

No you can't. Where did you get it? Did you guys finish at stage 5? Well I guess all the kids finished at 5. Your son caught my eye b/c he wasn't using a 22 and hitting targets. (not that there's anything wrong with a 22)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Even though I didn't shoot, it was nice seeing some of you.

Check out Friday Night Steel's Facebook page! It's new and we are planning on doing great things with it!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I looked for Friday night steel on fb and didn't see it. Should I type something else?

Edit: I found it. Had to search under "pages" instead of "everyone"

Top Bottom