• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    I'm sorry but this is poor communication. I've wasted 2.5 hrs of driving for nothing. Nothing was updated on INGO. Also, if weather conditions was expected, at least a heads up was needed the day before. I've checked the weather and it's easily checkable online.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I'm sorry but this is poor communication. I've wasted 2.5 hrs of driving for nothing. Nothing was updated on INGO. Also, if weather conditions was expected, at least a heads up was needed the day before. I've checked the weather and it's easily checkable online.

INGO was down, it was posted on facebook and BENOS.

BROBERTS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Warsaw IN.

Its a little hard for them to have everyones phone number that might show up. All 60 to 80 shooters. Over night it became not safe to shoot. Sh*t happens .There be a great match there next month.

Brent

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    well, didn't know about Facebook since I don't do Facebook. It's still was a poor way of communicating. A few people went there not knowing it was cancelled.

You may PM Coach directly if you would like to voice a complaint. He has also gave me permission to post his number. PM me if you would like to voice your complaints directly to him.

I just had a discussion with Coach. He will consider a 5th Saturday make up match. I'm sure if there is enough prodding, he will put it on. I don't believe there are any other matches scheduled that day.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    well, didn't know about Facebook since I don't do Facebook. It's still was a poor way of communicating. A few people went there not knowing it was cancelled.

This is completely uncommon. I would've went if I didn't get a text message, I sent out as many heads up texts as I could.

I'm not saying ingo hasn't been down before, but it was a cluster of unexpected events that caused this.

It does suck..I know. But Coach (who runs these mathes) did everything he could to make it known that it wasn't going to happen today.

By no means is this a normal occurance, as difficult as it might be, it's one of those things that as a new shooter to this sport and anyone else who showed up in general will just have to let go. Everything was done that could be done to notify, and he can't control when this site goes down.

I understand your frustration, I texted people that had already left..

Like I said, 100% bad luck.

I've been on here for a long time and never have had this issue before.

There isn't much more that can be said, I could've easily been one of those people who showed up, and I would've been frustrated. But I would also understand there was no way I could've found out otherwise.

:ingo:

For what it's worth, I'm not on Facebook either and it's CRAZY how much one can miss by not being on it..lol

Russellhjoy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I just had a discussion with Coach. He will consider a 5th Saturday make up match. I'm sure if there is enough prodding, he will put it on. I don't believe there are any other matches scheduled that day.

I would definitely show for a 5th Sunday match at Riley, excellent creative stages, especially the long range run.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN

Thanks for volunteering to be in charge of the call list....first thing we are going to need you to do is get a list of phone numbers of everyone that might come and shoot a match

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You now know the next time weather threatens safe match conditions that you need to do some communicating to verify the match will happen.

The first match I attended years ago involved game-time comunication with the match director due to questionable weather. This only happened because the new shooter (me) made the effort to communicate, knowing the forecast and that safety could be compromised.

I don't do the facebook either. INGO is my social networking. If it's down, I should have planned better.

Last edited:

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    I would most likely be there for a 5th Sun. match. It seems like their was a match at Warsaw on Easter last year.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Thanks for volunteering to be in charge of the call list....first thing we are going to need you to do is get a list of phone numbers of everyone that might come and shoot a match

No probs.

You may PM Coach directly if you would like to voice a complaint. He has also gave me permission to post his number. PM me if you would like to voice your complaints directly to him.

I understand. The only way I found out that they had a facebook was when I spoke to a family that also went there said that it wasn't updated on facebook too. I understand from what was posted on there that they couldn't tell the weather in Terre Haute. That's why I stated that within 24hrs, that can be checked and be given a heads up on here the day before, and I've looked at the weather and didn't think it was gonna be that bad. And I didn't know that INGO was down this am as I've checked last night here around 1am, this site was find.

This is completely uncommon. I would've went if I didn't get a text message, I sent out as many heads up texts as I could.

I'm not saying ingo hasn't been down before, but it was a cluster of unexpected events that caused this.

It does suck..I know. But Coach (who runs these mathes) did everything he could to make it known that it wasn't going to happen today.

By no means is this a normal occurance, as difficult as it might be, it's one of those things that as a new shooter to this sport and anyone else who showed up in general will just have to let go. Everything was done that could be done to notify, and he can't control when this site goes down.

I understand your frustration, I texted people that had already left..

Like I said, 100% bad luck.

I've been on here for a long time and never have had this issue before.

There isn't much more that can be said, I could've easily been one of those people who showed up, and I would've been frustrated. But I would also understand there was no way I could've found out otherwise.

:ingo:

For what it's worth, I'm not on Facebook either and it's CRAZY how much one can miss by not being on it..lol

Thanks man. I understand. It's just not easy driving that much time for nothing. I just needed to vent coz not all shooters, especially new like me, will know where to look for any updated info. That's why I voiced out hoping that there'll be a better way of communicating down the road. And I'm not the only who went there not knowing that the event was cancelled.

Last edited:

kevinsr98

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   1
    Feb 12, 2011

I also did not know about the cancelation (due to INGO being down) I don't facebook either.

Didn't drive as far as you, about 1.5 hour round trip for me. I chalk it up to bad luck. I hope it doesn't deter you from giving it another try. This is all done by volunteers and they did the best they could to communicate under the circumstances....

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    To anyone who was disappointed or inconvienced by the cancellation I apologize. But having people running around a range with the very likely event of snow and ice coming in did not seem like a responsible idea. I hate to cancel a match but it was the responsible thing to do. I think this is the first or second USPSA match I have cancelled since 2008.

It was posted on the WVPPS site, WVPPS facebook, Brian Enos, and I sent out an email to the email list. I also sent a text to everyone in my phone. All of this was done by 6:30 am for an 11 am match. I did neglect to send smoke signals.

I am looking into other alternatives for future use that might help with this communication. But it won't help with first time shooters.

I am going to look at the range schedule and 5th SATURDAY is a possibility. Easter Sunday is not going to happen. I am more than a little concerned about Judgement Day, and a match on Easter that is my responsibility does not even sound like a good idea. If Saturday works I will post in the usual places.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    You now know the next time weather threatens safe match conditions that you need to do some communicating to verify the match will happen.

The first match I attended years ago involved game-time comunication with the match director due to questionable weather. This only happened because the new shooter (me) made the effort to communicate, knowing the forecast and that safety could be compromised.

I did. At 1am. I checked the weather forecast and like I said, I didn't think it was gonna be bad where the event was gonna be held. This is a 2 way approach, not just on the participant's part.

And in regards to questionable weather, for me it's wasn't a questionable one and obviously it wasn't for the OP too since it wasn't posted. FNS would post about whether it's gonna happen or not pending the weather. FNS isn't as big as the WVPPS and it's communicated better than this.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    5th Saturday is not possible. ACT has two bays rented already. Looks like it will have to be April.

Top Bottom