• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    Year after year I have fought with ants. I have tried everything to get rid of them but they seem to always come back....until now. I found out that ants love maple syrup. To get rid of ants you will need about 6 bottles of syrup. I used Mrs. Butterworth original.

Go to where your problem is the worst. Ours was always the kitchen. Chances are they are coming in somewhere near your foundation next to the kitchen.

I went outside the kitchen and with an eyedropper, I put out a perfect line of syrup all the way to my property line. This used about 1/10 of the first bottle. I then emptied the rest of the first bottle in a line straight toward the neighbors kitchen window. Once at the window dump out two more full bottles.

Now take the remaining three bottles and empty them out around the perimeter of the neighbors house. If you see any cracks or holes in the structure or foundation make sure to fill them.

After the first treatment you should be completely ant free. To keep up with the process and to remain ant free you should probably put out a fresh bottle about once a month....next door of course.

Hope this helps.

JokerGirl

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    NW Indy
    Looks like an interesting idea! Unfortunately, with an old home, it would be nearly impossible to fill every hole/crack in the foundation! :D

I have used these for years with pretty good success. While I still end up with a few here and there every spring, as soon as I set these out, they are gone for the rest of the season.

terroAntStationbox.jpg

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Looks like an interesting idea! Unfortunately, with an old home, it would be nearly impossible to fill every hole/crack in the foundation! :D

I have used these for years with pretty good success. While I still end up with a few here and there every spring, as soon as I set these out, they are gone for the rest of the season.

terroAntStationbox.jpg

TERRO is the best!

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Not a good comparison.

The main ingredient in processed cheese is indeed "natural" cheese. :D
    Ok, maybe Kraft, but you can't seriously tell me the off-brand cheese slices are cheese. If so its the worst excuse for cheese in existence. This warrants a trip to Kroger for further investigation.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Ok, maybe Kraft, but you can't seriously tell me the off-brand cheese slices are cheese. If so its the worst excuse for cheese in existence. This warrants a trip to Kroger for further investigation.

I'm telling you, as a guy who has worked in a cheese factory, the main ingredient in the cheese slices IS NATURAL CHEESE. I promise.

Also - the stuff that's packaged in Kroger packaging is the same exact stuff that's packaged in about a dozen or so other brands. But it has been over 10 years since I worked there and I can't remember.

Now, the "Velveeta" type cheese stuff I have no idea about. I don't think we/they packaged any of that when I worked at the factory. I suspect that it, too, is mostly "natural cheese" that's been reprocessed.

-J-

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I'm telling you, as a guy who has worked in a cheese factory, the main ingredient in the cheese slices IS NATURAL CHEESE. I promise.

Also - the stuff that's packaged in Kroger packaging is the same exact stuff that's packaged in about a dozen or so other brands. But it has been over 10 years since I worked there and I can't remember.

Now, the "Velveeta" type cheese stuff I have no idea about. I don't think we/they packaged any of that when I worked at the factory. I suspect that it, too, is mostly "natural cheese" that's been reprocessed.

-J-

The main ingredient in cheese is never "NATURAL CHEESE." It's milk. Just for the record.

And Kroger sells a number of products as their "Value" brand that are imitation cheese product. I believe their main ingredient is corn syrup. IE: Kroger Value Cheese Slices 16ct 11oz [Aisle 08 Dairy Back] - $1.39 : FamilyGrocery.com - Offical Website - EatingMoney.com, .. The fastest grocery store in the world! ..

My wife brought home a package of that garbage (shredded), it promptly went in the trash.

Just my opinion, but American "cheese" is disgusting. As is Velveeta. And Cheese Wiz.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The main ingredient in cheese is never "NATURAL CHEESE." It's milk. Just for the record.

And Kroger sells a number of products as their "Value" brand that are imitation cheese product. I believe their main ingredient is corn syrup. IE: Kroger Value Cheese Slices 16ct 11oz [Aisle 08 Dairy Back] - $1.39 : FamilyGrocery.com - Offical Website - EatingMoney.com, .. The fastest grocery store in the world! ..

My wife brought home a package of that garbage (shredded), it promptly went in the trash.

Just my opinion, but American "cheese" is disgusting. As is Velveeta. And Cheese Wiz.

The linked product is labeled upon itself as being "imitation" anyhow. That doesn't factor into this particular thread-jacking. Just about all the players in the game offer an imitation product to cater to those with lactose issues or the Vegan crowd.

As far as the main ingredient in the cheese slices being milk, you are, correct, of course, technically speaking. Because the main ingredient in natural cheese is milk.

But processed cheese slices don't start life as a pile of raw ingredients that are mixed / cooked together to form the slurry that the slices are formed out of. You start out with X-% of cheddar cheese, X-% Swiss cheese, X-% mozzarella cheese + other oils, emulsifiers, enzymes, etc etc. That is all ground up / melted together.

For the case of this discussion, "natural cheese" is "made from milk cheese chunks made in 640lb blocks that are cut down and/or shredded before packaging while "processed cheese" is the sliced stuff that comes later.

-J-

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Wait!! What!??

Do unto others (in the dark) then run?
    How redneck!
    Make a line of syrup to the interstate instead.

Btw, If you wanna get rid of grubs in your yard, buy some moles.

Top Bottom