manufs. of 'blank' ar lowers (for engraving)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    So, no, not 'completely blank', I realize this cannot be obtained unless getting an 80% lower (Which I cannot do for reasons other than incapability).
    But I am looking to get an ar lower and get it engraved with custom markings. I see PSA's stealth lowers look decent for what I am wanting, but they are out of stock. I can hold out (assuming they will get more), but was curious if anyone else had ideas on other 'really blank' lowers, ideal for custom engraving work such as what I am looking for?

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    How about this?

sigpic22837_2.gif

For "safe/fire" it could be "banned/active"

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Oh I know what graphics I want to do. I'm looking for a lower that is the 'most blank' to allow for a bunch of engraving.
    And although the banned/active is cool, I am wanting safe/fire/bacon

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Oh I know what graphics I want to do. I'm looking for a lower that is the 'most blank' to allow for a bunch of engraving.
    And although the banned/active is cool, I am wanting safe/fire/bacon

Ah, sorry, I thought you were looking for Ideas on what to put on it.

You might get a hold of USDS. I remember Mike saying that they could have lowers custom engraved, perhaps they would be able to source blank-ish ones for you.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Oh, and changing the title with your "ninja mod" skills to make me look crazy is not fair!! :laugh:

Kudos to you! I realized the error of my ways, and changed the title so it seemed more fitting to what i was looking for.
    Alas, my communications skillz are teh sux.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    I know PSA made a blank lower at one point. It still has to have the manufacturer and city/state to be ATF legal but no roll mark (logo) or any other engravings. They were called PSA Stealth lowers. They sold them during their Christmas '13 sale.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, no, not 'completely blank', I realize this cannot be obtained unless getting an 80% lower (Which I cannot do for reasons other than incapability).
    But I am looking to get an ar lower and get it engraved with custom markings. I see PSA's stealth lowers look decent for what I am wanting, but they are out of stock. I can hold out (assuming they will get more), but was curious if anyone else had ideas on other 'really blank' lowers, ideal for custom engraving work such as what I am looking for?

I know PSA made a blank lower at one point. It still has to have the manufacturer and city/state to be ATF legal but no roll mark (logo) or any other engravings. They were called PSA Stealth lowers. They sold them during their Christmas '13 sale.

Dude. DUUUUDE! :ugh:

I know that many people have been busted for missing/not reading posts in the middle of a long string of responses and missing important comments. But really? you cant even read the OP's entire semi-coherent thought? He already referenced the PSA Stealths... Or did you just forget your purple?

Edit: Yes, Im cranky and have no patience tonight.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    EP lowers are looking pretty nice to me and you can't beat the price. Can't go wrong with PSA, but I figure it's my prerogative to test out the newly-ATF-oppressed and see what they can do. Supposed to have their polymer reinforced with kevlar and the area to be milled is a different color than the rest of it so it's very obvious removal. Besides, it's time to learn: if not now, when?

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    EP lowers are looking pretty nice to me and you can't beat the price. Can't go wrong with PSA, but I figure it's my prerogative to test out the newly-ATF-oppressed and see what they can do. Supposed to have their polymer reinforced with kevlar and the area to be milled is a different color than the rest of it so it's very obvious removal. Besides, it's time to learn: if not now, when?
    My google fu shows Ep lowers as 80% lowers? It is not an option for me (for various reasons).
    Or am I missing something?

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    How "minimal" are we talking? I've been curious, but never researched it.

Unlike classic aluminum lowers, you can drill these out without needing a jig, since the fire control area to be drilled is already marked. Much simpler and it saves on cost, assuming you don't already have an AR-lower jig sitting around or don't feel like making one yourself:

For instance, this guy dremels one out in less than hour:

[video=youtube;pxcSlOVeXlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcSlOVeXlQ[/video]

(You'll want to turn the sound down since he puts on some stupid music.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kipt7_ltcP8

I have seen another review in which the mag well is rather tight, but it's nothing a little sanding wouldn't fix, and at about half the price of some of the more labor-intensive aluminum lowers, I think it's worth it. We'll see how it goes.

Remember, everyone - plastics make it possible. 3D is here and it will NOT be stopped now, try though the leviathan might.
    Very exciting times we're living in.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom