• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I just came in from outside working in the yard and Animal Planet's show "Maneaters" is on. The story I'm watching right now is about a family out camping and sleeping under the stars. A wolf comes into the camp and drags away the youngest child. The father has to spend precious minutes trying to get the wolf to drop the child.

And then, the wolf continues to menace the family. In a situation like this, my 10mm Glock 20, loaded with some Double Tap ammo would be just what the doctor ordered. :do2:

Anyway, you think these things can't happen, but they do. Just thought I'd share.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    No animal, not even a "protected" one is worth more than a human life. "Protected" or not, it would die if it attacked a human (and I could do something about it).

I know that the "law" would probably arrest me, but, I would let a jury of my peers decide.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    No animal, not even a "protected" one is worth more than a human life. "Protected" or not, it would die if it attacked a human (and I could do something about it).

I know that the "law" would probably arrest me, but, I would let a jury of my peers decide.

Oh I don't care if they are protected... I just can't harm a wolf. Coyote sure, wolf, no.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    ...as are grizzly's, mountain lions and polar bears. That is, until their pretty muzzles are covered with your blood.

That is the good thing though... wolves are highly unlikely to attack humans. It's a freak thing when they do... other animals however are more inclined to confront humans. Usually wolves will stay clear of you, unless they are very very very very very hungry.

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    ...as are grizzly's, mountain lions and polar bears. That is, until their pretty muzzles are covered with your blood.

True! And while it would break my heart to kill one, I would still choose the human life over the animal.

(Unless the human was a REAL scumbag! [eg. a child molester], then - oops. I "missed") :):

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I think the wolf is a special animal. I lived out west (Colorado) when they were being reintroduced.

BUT, life or death you wouldn't shoot?

Top Bottom