Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Interesting concept - individuals can determine right and wrong. A bit moral relativistic, no?
    Time yourself waiving a rainbow flag outside an evangelical church before you're told you're wrong.

Nevertheless, it's academic for us, I certainly don't employ anyone, and AFAIK, you're not in the unenviable position to decide on these exemption claims.
    Yes. Of course individual can determine right and wrong. And morality based on spiritual/faith/religion is indeed relative to the belief. One can stand outside an evangelical church with a rainbow flag and I know what will happen. Same person could stand outside a different church and something completely different would happen. Try going to some countries and tell them you wipe your ass with your right hand. See hiw they react to you.

Morals are culturally, spiritually, and philosophically derived. That’s not to say there aren’t universal morals. Not many though. Most are based on deeply personal beliefs no matter how those beliefs were derived. So yes. Of course this issue is a matter of personal belief, but especially those derived from spirituality especially are.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What cnn says is right or wrong
    So here's the danger - You can get stuck thinking, "other people are swayed and influenced by the bias of the MSM, but I'm OK because I get my news from [insert favorite]; I'm smart and can't be fooled."

The fact is we're all influenced by the media we consume, books we read, and the people we listen to (which includes a man froma pulpit on Sunday for some of us).

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Also, I was just pointing out that I wouldn’t trust AP as a source of fact checking.

They may be right in this instance, but they’re hardly credible enough to be a ‘fact check’ go to. I’d trust the Babylon bee before I trusted ap or wapo.
    I’ve caught the AP lying in fact-checks before. And I’m not really referring to you but those who post stuff from some of these sites. They should fact check that stuff and when they’re caught lying, people should push back. It’s bad enough that corporate press lies to us. But sites pretending to be on our side while lying to us are far worse.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So here's the danger - You can get stuck thinking, "other people are swayed and influenced by the bias of the MSM, but I'm OK because I get my news from [insert favorite]; I'm smart and can't be fooled."

The fact is we're all influenced by the media we consume, books we read, and the people we listen to (which includes a man froma pulpit on Sunday for some of us).
    I’d argue “all yall”, but that’s me.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I think you are confusing AP with Gateway Pundit, Infowars, Breitbart and Prager U. Even if you believe them wrong, a reasonable person would at least see what they've printed. But, go ahead and stand on your confirmation bias.
    It’s confirmation bias to point out a sources lack of credibility? I didn’t suggest a source to use. I just pointed out that AP isn’t credible. If you’re so insulted by that, maybe you’re suffering from confirmation bias?

You like using keywords don’t you? Whataboutism. Confirmation bias. What others am I missing?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I think you are confusing AP with Gateway Pundit, Infowars, Breitbart and Prager U. Even if you believe them wrong, a reasonable person would at least see what they've printed. But, go ahead and stand on your confirmation bias.
    Isn't this......confirmation bias?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Long time listener, first time caller.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    It’s confirmation bias to point out a sources lack of credibility? I didn’t suggest a source to use. I just pointed out that AP isn’t credible. If you’re so insulted by that, maybe you’re suffering from confirmation bias?

You like using keywords don’t you? Whataboutism. Confirmation bias. What others am I missing?
    Not always, but how many Pulitzers has AP won? I'll tell you: over 50. So, despite your unwillingness to read what they've said, and despite your not caring about Japan, you question the reputation of AP, with some silly comment to impugn their accuracy when it's provable that the Ivermectin Cure in Japan is nonsense.

Did you bother to check 2nd News who published the Japan is on Ivermectin article?

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Not always, but how many Pulitzers has AP won? I'll tell you: over 50. So, despite your unwillingness to read what they've said, and despite your not caring about Japan, you question the reputation of AP, with some silly comment to impugn their accuracy when it's provable that the Ivermectin Cure in Japan is nonsense.
    You’re trying to speak from authority by using their past awards as an indicator they’re credible.

Peyton Manning has how many mvp awards? Guess what, he wouldn’t win another one today. Past success does nothing to prove credibility today.

Again. I don’t care about Japan. I was making a statement, a factual statement, that AP isn’t a reliable fact checker. Just because the information of this particular instance were correct does not make the reliable on other issues. If you believe they are, more power to ya, but they’ve been caught being intentionally deceitful many times before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom