Mandated vaccines or weekly testing for employers of 100+ people.......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The POINT is, we both are not qualified to make that decision for others, whether it be covid, dialysis etc.

But, we get put into a position of providing advice to the elderly. I did all the research I could possibly do on the options for my mom. I said that peritoneal dialysis looked like the best bet. She survived 7 years with it.
    Fair enough, and agree, but why can you research and make suggestions to your mom that helped her without being mocked and called “doctor” but if anyone else does it’s not viable because they don’t have a medical degree?

I think it’s our own responsibility to do our own research and talk to our doctor and do what’s best for our families, regardless what some news article or member of a forum online says.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    He's committed to horse dewormer, and can't changes horses mid race.
    He can inject himself with whatever the boots he licks tells him to, it doesn’t mean it’s correct and it doesn’t mean it’s the only viable treatment. This whole virus has made everyone think on a binary level, where if you don’t believe what I did to combat the virus you’re wrong.

Pretty dangerous thinking for a lawyer I would think.

tim87tr

Freedom lover
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Eastern IL
    Except for the possibility of blood clots, and other unknown side effects that are not present with naturally formed immunity.
    exactly my point. if you have had and recovered from the virus, the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus.

Correct. Appears to be a lot more danger to the vaccine with the imbedded patents.

Reactions: Leo

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    No one has suggested that intentionally getting Covid to develop natural immunity is a good idea.

That's not entirely true...

Good in this case being a relative term.

The vaccines were approved on the risk trade-off between effects of getting virus versus getting the vaccine with unknow effects in the broader population, with both having no data on long term effects of either.

So, one can assign more importance to some variables over others and arrive at the conclusion that intentionally getting COVID is a good idea.

In addition, I've said a few times here, I'm about to the point of just going out, getting COVID and take my chances... About to that point, not quite there. And I'm not advocating that as anything but a personal choice. Chicken Pox parties are/were a thing, I seem to recall being at one.

In the end, it ought to be an individuals decision made in consultation with whomever they trust, be that doctor, priest, shaman, or the drive through guy at McDonalds.

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Some people are severely affected by bee stings. Acquired immunity from covid is cool....if you live through it. Not something I'd recommend to Grandma.

Why not? The people pushing the vaccines as the end all be all are now floating the idea...

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My mom had kidney function around 5% when she was 80. She could let it go and die within a short period of time (rather peacefully, I've been told), she could get on the hemodialysis regimen/treadmill, or she could try peritoneal dialysis at home, at night.

What would you recommend?
    Peritoneal dialysis. It is the least intrusive and still allows for escalation to hemodialysis

Or, if she's right with God and feels like it is her time, let go

I'm sorry she is in that box canyon at such a relatively young age, Alpo

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Yeah....it's tough. But you have to go through your own risk assessment. There is too much really bad information on both sides.
    This is the vaccine coercion thread. I’m being coerced to take something I don’t need and don’t want to take the personal risks of. Period. There is no benefit for me with the vax but all of the downsides. How you can even think I “don’t need to be here” is idiotic.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    For ****s sake not a single ducking person here is advocating going out and intentionally getting Covid. That ****ing straw man needs to be burned to the ****ing ground already. You ****ing know we are talking about the 30milkionnpeople that have already had and recovered.

so please stop with this ********.
    And no one here is advocating for mandatory vaccinations, yet this thread keeps rollin'.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Someone came into work sick tested positive for covid. He had covid last year and recovered, no shot. They used one of the quick tests they have stockpiled to check him when he started coughing.

not a good look for the natural immunity crowd(myself included). Someone just needs to take liability for it and I’ll consider it. Only problem I have with the mandates anymore is that if I drop dead from a stroke or end up permanently disabled bc of the vaccine there is no safety net. No one but me is responsible for my health.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tre0762
    Top Bottom