• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Then you insulted someone, put [redacted] in your post as if that somehow covered it up,

I forgot to cover this i didn't redact or cover **** up that was a mod. Some fool called me anti leo with which is an ignorant libelous comment and i corrected him.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    when, how, where did the woman get shot?!
    I could barely see when the dude holding the bb gun was shot.
    I didn't see a bystander anywhere and I didn't see the officers shooting anywhere but in the direction of the "guy on the phone".
    :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So, I'm sure everyone agrees the Office of the U.S. Attorney General should investigate this, right? Or is that going too far?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So you believe everything you are told without any corroborating information/research?

What, like the killers in this story? Sorry, Frankie, but I've watched this one unfold and it's yet another fairly clear case of itchy trigger fingered cowboys in blue. They get to walk around free while an innocent man is dead. Justice was not served in this case, as is usual.

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    What, like the killers in this story? Sorry, Frankie, but I've watched this one unfold and it's yet another fairly clear case of itchy trigger fingered cowboys in blue. They get to walk around free while an innocent man is dead. Justice was not served in this case, as is usual.

I wouldn't be so hard on police yet. From the sounds of it the guy got swated. They were told it was an active shooter and went in as such. I'm guessing the real criminals are MDA and their policy of calling in any firearm spotted as an active shooter.

prescut

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    United States
    Later follow up stories has the reporting party making up stuff about what they saw. Last year a guy was shot and killed when someone reported "a man with a gun". He had a CCW and made zero questionable moves. If you carry and have CCW, you have a increased your chances of being shot several hundred fold. The number of people who see a weapon and get upset is growing every day. Once upset they call police and do whatever they can to incite the dispatcher to declare an emergency. That should teach that guy to CCW.

Lost
    I have CCW, but don't carry out of the backcountry for this very reason.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    So, I'm sure everyone agrees the Office of the U.S. Attorney General should investigate this, right? Or is that going too far?

I, for one, am glad they are taking a look at it; but I am doubtful it goes anywhere unless the cop has a background of racial incidents.

From where I sit, a state charge along the lines of reckless homicide/vol. manslaughter* would potentially fit the known facts much better.

I would be curious to see what the grand jury was presented, but that is sealed....

*I dunno what OH calls it, but most every state has a variation of it and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Later follow up stories has the reporting party making up stuff about what they saw. Last year a guy was shot and killed when someone reported "a man with a gun". He had a CCW and made zero questionable moves. If you carry and have CCW, you have a increased your chances of being shot several hundred fold. The number of people who see a weapon and get upset is growing every day. Once upset they call police and do whatever they can to incite the dispatcher to declare an emergency. That should teach that guy to CCW.

Lost
    I have CCW, but don't carry out of the backcountry for this very reason.

Here you go -

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nse/71996-open-carry-argument.html#post803054

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    This press conference gives some more information. Also gives the background on police training evolution since the Columbine shooting. It's long and the audio sucks. They do play the 911 tape in sequence with the video.

Walmart shooting: Surveillance video captures Crawford shooting | www.whio.com

The man calling 911 trying to be a good citizen put cops in bad situation by stating the MWG was pointing the rifle at children and loading the weapon in the middle of the call. It does appear he embellished a bit. Although he had a totally different perspective and distance than the camera's.

The guy with the gun is a f***ing idiot for behaving the way he did with the rifle.

At the end of the video the man presenting showed a SCAR and the non-SCAR the man was carrying.

They would look almost identical at 15 yards.

I agree with the grand jury no charges were warranted.

Last edited:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    It does appear he embellished a bit. Although he had a totally different perspective and distance than the camera's.

The guy with the gun is a f***ing idiot for behaving the way he did with the rifle.

At the end of the video the man presenting showed a SCAR and the non-SCAR the man was carrying.

A bit? Where to start the fact where he said he was a marine? Where he said he was loading it? Where he was pointing it at children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hXQxlCLvU

Perhaps if he wasn't booted from the marines 7 weeks in he would have had a clue.

Trying to find his wifes story where she was talking about bravely saving people buy going in front of him to save children from getting close to him lol. To those that said he should have dropped it when told to he clearly didn't have a chance. I don't blame the police they were lied to and acted the best they could with what they had. But that couple should have a hard time sleeping at night.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Mars Hill
    A bit? Where to start the fact where he said he was a marine? Where he said he was loading it? Where he was pointing it at children?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9FtNOV6Qhk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2hXQxlCLvU

Perhaps if he wasn't booted from the marines 7 weeks in he would have had a clue.

Trying to find his wifes story where she was talking about bravely saving people buy going in front of him to save children from getting close to him lol. To those that said he should have dropped it when told to he clearly didn't have a chance. I don't blame the police they were lied to and acted the best they could with what they had. But that couple should have a hard time sleeping at night.

Sat there and listen to it all and did not hear him identify himself as a Marine. Perhaps he did..no matter.

There is a reason why many of us carry a side arm on this board. There is a reason the FBI and almost all law enforcement agencies changed their protocol. Evil men have gone into places and killed the innocent men women and children. This is the context we live in, right now.

Act crazy with a rifle, in a public situation, point the rifle at anyone, and prepare to die. He wrote his own death sentence by his actions.

Our society is working towards shewing away the slaughter of innocents, maybe, hopefully.

Last edited:

Robjps

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Sat there and listen to it all and did not hear him identify himself as a Marine. Perhaps he did..no matter.

There is a reason why many of us carry a side arm on this board. There is a reason the FBI and almost all law enforcement agencies changed their protocol. Evil men have gone into places and killed the innocent men women and children. This is the context we live in, right now.

Act crazy with a rifle, in a public situation, point the rifle at anyone, and prepare to die. He wrote his own death sentence by his actions.

Our society is working towards shewing away the slaughter of innocents, maybe, hopefully.

Check the articles at the beginning early on he was bragging about being an ex marine it like his entire story turned out to be a lie.

There is a reason many of us carry a side arm on this board and its not so scared little couples can call us in as an active shooter to get us swated.

If picking up a piece of merchandise and casually walking through the store with it while talking on a cellphone is your version of acting crazy i don't know what to say. He never shouldered it, pointed it at anyone tried to load it, anything the 911 caller said. I remember when i had a bird pest control problem. I was at Wal-Mart and opened the box of the nicest air rifle and stood there and inspected,manipulated, coon fingered it until i decided it was worth buying. According to most of the people on this thread i should have been executed for it. Do you have kids ? Be careful if you let them wander in the toy isle they might pick up a toy gun and get executed for it.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I, for one, am glad they are taking a look at it; but I am doubtful it goes anywhere unless the cop has a background of racial incidents.

From where I sit, a state charge along the lines of reckless homicide/vol. manslaughter* would potentially fit the known facts much better.

I would be curious to see what the grand jury was presented, but that is sealed....

*I dunno what OH calls it, but most every state has a variation of it and I'm too lazy to look it up.

Lets put it on the flip side, say yourself or anyone else for that matter was involved in a shooting and the local jurisdiction deemed it justified how would you feel if the Justice Department decided to have another look see? Totally unnecessary IMHO

Check the articles at the beginning early on he was bragging about being an ex marine it like his entire story turned out to be a lie.

There is a reason many of us carry a side arm on this board and its not so scared little couples can call us in as an active shooter to get us swated.

If picking up a piece of merchandise and casually walking through the store with it while talking on a cellphone is your version of acting crazy i don't know what to say. He never shouldered it, pointed it at anyone tried to load it, anything the 911 caller said. I remember when i had a bird pest control problem. I was at Wal-Mart and opened the box of the nicest air rifle and stood there and inspected,manipulated, coon fingered it until i decided it was worth buying. According to most of the people on this thread i should have been executed for it. Do you have kids ? Be careful if you let them wander in the toy isle they might pick up a toy gun and get executed for it.

We all have looked at air rifles but if we started walking around the store in this day and age we should know what would probably happen especially if you even somewhat shoulder it.

While some of the video is far off he was walking around and appeared to be holding it up towards the kids at one point. What the other cameras show that we might not be seeing who knows. In most cases Police when called to a scene are told make your own case (unless the dispatcher hears something in the background like a beating/shooting whatever in progress then they inform the Officers what they are going into.
    From the calmness of the caller it was 100% on the Officers but if he wasn't compiling and had the long gun they did exactly what the majority of any other LEO would have done in most other areas of the country.

Top Bottom