• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RogerB

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    New Palestine
    considering our backyard is privacy fenced in, and acres upon acres of cornfield beyond that...

Anyone comes knocking on our backdoor at ANY hour will be suspect and could possibly hear the Thunder from my Bersa .45 :yesway:

esigler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    Rio Rancho, NM
    I answer with my 12GA, unless I know ya. My back door is the only way to recieve anyone, and the windows make it easy to see whos there, plus there is like an ai lock in the mud room, to get in you have to come through two doors.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    As soon as I put my pants on in the morning, I open my gun safe and holster my gun. Right before I go to bed at night, I put my gun back in the gun safe.

If you are coming to my house, you had better call first. We will not answer the door unless we know who you are and what you are doing there. Then, you will not come in through the front door - you will come in through the garage. As I am watching for you when the garage door is going up, I can reasonably determine what your intentions are before you get in the garage.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    My house is rather hidden. If you don't know where it is, you ain't gonna find it. So, if a stranger should happen to approach my door they'd better look out for #1 the dog and #2 the 12-guage.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Ok, so the "unknown man" did not enter his home or steal anything? Sounds like he had that one coming.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    Our house sits alone and is surrounded by corn fields. When I get a knock on the door I look out the side window and if I do not recognize the vehicle in the driveway I grab a shotgun and I do not answer the door.We have been getting alot of burglaries around here including my home about 18 months ago. They have been going to rural homes knocking on the door and if someone answers they ask for directions or is this where that lawnmower was for sale or some other BS question and leave. But if know one answers they break in. Thats why I grab the 12 guage and wait. I guess I kind of want pay back.

Last edited:

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    Entering my home unwelcomed is very dangerous. Not only am I a gun owner/operator but so are my other two roommates. We have all put thousands of rounds through our weapons and would not hesitate to put one more threw it in order to protect our castle.

Top Bottom