• ...and so much more!
  • Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Darwin Award!

+1 for the good guys. Glad they were on their toes. That look on his face right before he pulled the gun was a bit strange. It was a mix of "I'm gonna die in a hail of gunfire like Billy the Kid" and "these cops don't have a clue what I'm about to do, heh heh." Well, you lose, sucker. Glad the cops weren't hurt. Maybe what they pulled him out for was BS, probably not. My guess is he had a warrant out or some such. But resolve the issue with the fuzz and get back to your meal. No need to play stupid games. Good thing they had the foresight to get him out of the restaurant.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Like the situational awareness of the leading officer as he pushes the fork and knife to the back of the table as he walks out of the restaurant. Glad the good guys are safe.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Like the situational awareness of the leading officer as he pushes the fork and knife to the back of the table as he walks out of the restaurant. Glad the good guys are safe.

Yes, I saw that. He checked six at the same moment as well. He also managed to have the wherewithal to push the BG away so as not to take any of his partner's inbound traffic. Overall they seemed to me to operate well as a team and resolve the situation. Maybe some of the INGO PD can lend their expertise and offer some criticism, but I thought they did a really fine job.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That went from some idiot in a public restroom (he did something to bring the police, chances are it was idiotic) to "your life is in grave danger" really quick. LEOs: please break down what happened. The male officer shoved the bad guy putting him off-balance/couldn't make a good shot. Something tells me that wasn't accidental. This could have turned out much worse if they hadn't gained the advantage.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    It was a BB gun. Here's a video from the other cop's perspective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V9AOsWQzpc

I'm not embedding until a mod weighs in. Technically, we're watching a guy die on YouTube.

Here's the article:

Video: Texas cops fatally shoot man who pulled replica

Cops very well-trained. Notice how he moves the cutlery while walking out, and watches the perp walk past. All happens very fast once outside.

Oh geez, now he's even dumber than I thought.

I counted 12 shots, I think. Comparing the two videos, it seems to me he gets a lot of his rounds center of mass. She put most of hers at the BG's feet. Not that Im saying I could do better.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    That went from some idiot in a public restroom (he did something to bring the police, chances are it was idiotic) to "your life is in grave danger" really quick. LEOs: please break down what happened. The male officer shoved the bad guy putting him off-balance/couldn't make a good shot. Something tells me that wasn't accidental. This could have turned out much worse if they hadn't gained the advantage.

Apparently, from the second video, he was wanted in connection with a robbery.

Top Bottom