Man points rifle at police and gets shot.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Good Shoot.

I have no problem with people wearing body armor. But, when I run into someone on the street that is wearing it, it kinda makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. In all honesty, "normal people" don't wear body armor. If more people did wear it, I'm sure I would get used to it, but they don't.

kinda like OCing? ;)

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I live in Marion and this is exactly the reason I carry everywhere I go. Around here you never know who's gonna lose it and start parading around with assault rifles and body armor on. Glad that happened on the other side of town.

You mean semi-automatic rifles right?

Back on subject, it looks like a good shoot.

Keyser Soze

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    I dunno if they should have shot the poor fella....I mean yea he pointed a rifle at someone but do we know if his finger was on the trigger....did he have proper sight alignment? I think the officers were just trigger happy.
    coolface.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    the chief doesn't think the average good citizen carries a weapon of that nature around in their car with body armor.

Strange for the chief of police to think it's ok for the po-po to roll with body armor and 'assault' rifles but joe six-pack shouldn't.

I'm fine with all of it to be honest (except for the guy saying normal people don't wear body armor)

I think he said normal good people don't drive around wearing body armor and carrying weapons like that.

Does that mean that most officers aren't normal good people? :laugh::popcorn:

I have no problem with people wearing body armor. But, when I run into someone on the street that is wearing it, it kinda makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. In all honesty, "normal people" don't wear body armor. If more people did wear it, I'm sure I would get used to it, but they don't.

kinda like OCing? ;)

Yep. Which is part of the reason I OC.

I dunno if they should have shot the poor fella.... I think the officers were just trigger happy.

Agreed, we're only hearing one side of the story. And you know how biased the media is..... :popcorn:

But seriously, sounds like a good shoot to me. And I'm glad none of the officers were hurt.

Fishe39392

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you point a weapon at an LEO, you run the risk of being shot. They tend to frown on you pointing weapons at them. I think I learned that lesson back in like kindergarten. The same goes for just about anyone though..if you point a weapon you run the risk of being shot..you never know who may be carrying.

+1 for all those officers going home at the end of their shifts

mad618

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Dunkirk, IN
    to my knowledge the was a felon and shouldn't have had a firearm at all.
    I pretty sure the article in the chronicle said he had previous arrests for dealing cocaine and fleeing and fighting with the police.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Yeah! Wow! The family thinks no one should be shot for this!! Go figure!!

That's NOT what they said...

They never can.

images

"He was always such a good boy"... :rolleyes:

That's not what they said either...

As much fun as it is for many here to crap on a grieving family, I really didn't see anywhere in the article that they said he didn't deserve to be shot for pointing a gun at police as is claimed.

I saw :

“I really think it's a sad thing for them (police) to shoot anybody under any condition,” she said.

True statement. It IS sad when the police are forced to shoot anybody no matter the reason. It's sad when ANYBODY is forced to shoot somebody else. No matter if they deserved it or not.

Even the Chief thinks the same as her:

“We send our regards to the Dyson family. We don't like anyone be hurt this way in our community regardless of who they are or what they were doing in relation to the police,” he said.

Barbara said she and her family have the same questions police do at this point. She said she has no idea what Dyson was doing, where he was going, where he got the gun, or why he was wearing a bullet-proof vest.

She's not saying he didn't deserve it. She's saying she would like to know why it happened. Just like the police. Hmm...

"I just want to see what really happened. Just like everyone else, I want to know what caused this. If he was wrong he was wrong. If they're (the police) wrong, they're wrong. I just want to see the truth,” she said.

That statement doesn't look anything like her blaming the police. It looks like a fairly open minded statement considering what just happened to her son.

She said she has no answers either, but says Dyson’s past with the police is exactly that, the past. She said he has grown up, but he would still do anything to protect his family.

This is the closest thing I saw that could be twisted to sound like "he didn't deserve it". I still don't see it, though.

He had a past. Some on here do, too.

He has grown up. The jury is still out on that (though it doesn't look like it at first glance) but again many of us have done stupid things in our younger days that we were lucky enough not to be caught doing that otherwise might have given us a "past" as well.

He would do anything to protect his family. That's why were here. 'nuff said.

Overall, it sounds like his mother just wants some answers. If I was in her position I'd want the same.

OTOH, I don't fault the police for shooting if all was as they say it was & I have no reason to think it's not.

Top Bottom