MAN, I've been Jones'ing for another .308 lately...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    thanks mettle it is a amazing gun. turnandshoot i took it out the other day and at 100 yards i was shooting .5 moa five shot groups w/ it. multiple groups. its amazing for accuracy w/ the mike rock barrel on it and the timney trigger.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    the trigger is a timney single stage all self contained so it should last for a very long time. as far as the barrel goes there is some ppl i have seen on the hide that had over 10k rounds through them and still going strong. mike rock makes a awesome barrel they are suppose to be 2x harder than a saw barrel it has to do w/ how they make them to keep em so accurate

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Not an M1A or M14 but I got to shoot my DPMS LR-308-AP4 last weekend for the first time. Very sweet. I really like this rifle.

dpms.jpg

What kind of accuracy are you getting with that? Any problems or dislikes with it? I am in the market for a .308 on the AR platform. Thinking about building one.

buckfever34

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 16, 2009
    Jackson County, IN
    If .308 ammo were not so expensive, I would have about 5 different rifles on my list of guns to pick up in the near future.

I just hate how darn expensive it is for the ammo. I got rid of my stash of SA .308 a couple years back when I sold my 1919......I wish I would have kept a few rounds so I could pick up something like an FAL or M1A.

gasman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    My high school graduation gift was a Parker-Hale .308 instead of a class ring. I feel that was a much better choice.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    My high school graduation gift was a Parker-Hale .308 instead of a class ring. I feel that was a much better choice.

Wish I had that choice. I don't even know where that worthless ring is now... waste of my parents money. I don't even like wearing my wedding ring, as I've lost weight and it rattles on my ringer...

That POF .308.... yummy.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Don't lie... we all know the ring burns :D

My "308s" are actually 2A1 Ishapores. I know the difference, but I have been shooting 308's out of them for years... and years. I don't shoot them often though. They are great rifles for the 50+ yard arena and reasonably accurate. However they are inexpensive and fun to shot, if not deafening.

KimberMike

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    NW Indiana
    +1 for the AR-10 platform. I built one last year and the accuracy that I am getting from it still amazes me. It will outshoot me any day. Plus, you can just buy it part by part and assemble it yourself. This allows you to stretch out the overall cost and get exactly what you are looking for. Its also a lot of fun building one.

I personally went with a 21" Noveske barrel and am getting sub MOA accuracy. Once I got it dialed in, I was hitting grapefruits at 530 yards with the first shot...amazing. If you have any questions or need leads for parts, send me an IM or email.

Mike

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What kind of accuracy are you getting with that? Any problems or dislikes with it? I am in the market for a .308 on the AR platform. Thinking about building one.

Sorry, I am not one that can give you good information on accuracy but I hit what I aim at. I have not shot it enough to give you dislikes but I do like shooting it and was pretty impressed in how it felt.

mdroz3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2009
    Walkerton
    i still got my 223's but i had to get one of the ar10's. i went for a pof w/ a 20in mike rock barrel and put a premier on it . its my new baby. a bit heavy but i don't plan on running around w/ it either. its also now wearing a mike rock bipod

DSCN0328.jpg

I love how he has the gun resting on his baby's play pen for this pic. Maybe if my dad did the same thing i'd be a better shot. :draw:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom