• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm all for freedom and don't like anyone up in my biznitch, but the fail with some of you is strong. Fight important battles, not the ones that just make you look like a retarded ass hole.
    I wont submit to any questions by police because its stupid to do it and can only hurt me. But if a cop sees I'm carrying and his only concern is if I'm legal and only ask for proof via an LTCH then fine, I have no problem giving it under the current law.
    I don't believe we should have to even have licenses to carry and I hope to get it changed in Indiana like some states have done, but until then this is the way it is.
    Why screw with a nice cop? Screw with the bad ones if you must but either way your gonna lose the battle on the street.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    It's illegal to drive without a license. Are we just going to start pulling over cars because we are driving???

Uh, those are called "check points".

And carrying w/o your LTCH is a Felony. Driving without a license is simply an infraction (not even a misdemeanor). Slightly different "crimes".

merotek

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    New Albany
    Yes, police have every legal right to stop and ask to see your LTCH. It is illegal to carry a handgun unless you have a LTCH. Meaning that the LTCH is the only thing that exempts you from being arrested.

Detaining is an overreaction by the police in my opinion. Lecturing the guy on how he should carry is unprofessional. Notice the officer near the 03:00 minute mark who walks up and intentionally blocks the camera. The camera guy moves and the officer moves to block the camera again.

It is also illegal to drive without a license, but I do not believe police have the legal right to stop you for the sole purpose of verifying your drivers license? Am I wrong?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why? In case I lose it?

In case you lose it, or in case you are out of the house without your Larry or a copy of Larry.

And carrying w/o your LTCH is a Felony.

No Larry=Class A misdemeanor, 0-365 days, 0-5K fine.

It is also illegal to drive without a license, but I do not believe police have the legal right to stop you for the sole purpose of verifying your drivers license? Am I wrong?

Correct.

Delaware v. Prouse (1979): Delaware v. Prouse

Top Bottom