• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    Buddy and I both are pro 2A and we carry 24/7. Another buddy and his wife were over for a camp fire last night and saw us carrying. They are both pro gun and he is a big hunter, but they both blew us s**t for having handguns on our persons. Kept asking why and gelling us not like the world was gonna end or all hell was gonna breakoosd and we would need to shoot someone.

I basically informed them my usual " better to have and never need then get caught without and wish I had" deal.

What do you tell people who are like this?

heavyhitter1k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2012
    They are pro-firearm, but not understanding why we carry sidearms. It seems silly to me, a gun is a gun and if you like one you typically like them all so to speak, but they do not understand why we carry...

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Being pro gun but anti carry is like appreciating spare tires but leaving them at home when you go on a trip. :n00b:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I've met some people who pretty much just hunt who are like that. It's only after I go out hunting with them that I hear from friends/family ect. that they were kinda freaked out because I carry a little ole handgun with me all the time. :):

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Buddy and I both are pro 2A and we carry 24/7. Another buddy and his wife were over for a camp fire last night and saw us carrying. They are both pro gun and he is a big hunter, but they both blew us s**t for having handguns on our persons. Kept asking why and gelling us not like the world was gonna end or all hell was gonna breakoosd and we would need to shoot someone.

I basically informed them my usual " better to have and never need then get caught without and wish I had" deal.

I always have at least a handgun on me when we have fires in the evening in the country.
    Not so much about people, but because of wildlife around us.
    We often have food out with us too.
    There are coyotes all around us, and at times sick ones have come up to some of our neighbors and they needed to shoot them.
    Everybody we know usually has a firearm of some sort handy when having evening campfires.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    It is similar to the argument of, "We don't need modern sporting rifles just don't try and take my shotgun or bolt action" It is a small view of the world that causes this kind of thinking. My response to them is "Why aren't you?"

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Why wear a seat belt in a car? Hopefully nobody intends to get into an accident while driving, but you wear one just in case something happens. We do not control everything that happens around us, but we can be prepared to deal with our dynamic situations.

I personally dont plan on being in a life threatening situation where a gun would be a primary means to save my life, or the lives of my loved ones, but my wife and I both carry whenever legally possible just in case the situation should arise.

In todays day and society it is unfortunate, but it seems that the occurrences of these situations is on the rise, and with the economy, government cutbacks of police and other services, and the overall breakdown of society's conscience, it seems a very reasonable thing that one be prepared to defend their selves in such a situation.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    I guess they can have an opinion but
    They sound hypocritical to me.
    personally I wouldn't explain myself in much depth
    Why don't they just get there meat
    from the store instead of carrying a gun
    Into the woods and killing something.
    Then they store it In a freezer,ask them why they
    are a prepper or hoarder?
    they will justify what and why they do what they do whether
    you agree or not.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

That's what you get for telling them you were armed. I hang out with a lot of gunaphobs but they'll never know I'm armed ;)

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    You can't "make" anyone do anything. The biggest fallacy I see on this forum is an assumption that all gun owners are the same...think the same, vote the same, hold the same political views, feel the same about carry, etc.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're pro-handgun, but can't understand why dem stoopit hunters gotsta have deir assault rifles, or if you're a big hunter, but can't understand why dem stoopit self-defense types gotsta have deir handguns on dem ever where dey go, then you're fooling yourself into believing yourself to be "pro-gun". You're not "pro-gun". You're pro-your-own-guns. Screw everybody else out of theirs.

Top Bottom