• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Seems weird that you have to spend all that money to get a cheap piece of pink paper just so you can exercise your 2'nd. I mean no training requirements or even someone telling you what responsibilities come with carrying a weapon. Just pay the money.
    well, you do have to get fingerprinted... or has that changed too?

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Twice.. 1'st at LI and again at the Local law enforcement establishment. They don't use ink any more, it's an image thing now. Probably goes into a computer database somewhere.

Probably? I'm sure it goes into a permanent database and puts you on the ISP's unofficial list of potential domestic terrorists.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Doesn't really matter as much anymore since you do not even need to have it on your person now.

But what the guy above me said

Don't know where you got that info. "Not needing it (permit) on your person" But, I had a little fender bender a month ago. My cover garment was a little insufficient, so I volunteered that I was carrying. State Trooper said I don't care but I need to see your permit. Then he issued a ticket for failure to yield and went on his way. Just my experience.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Don't know where you got that info. "Not needing it (permit) on your person"...

It comes from the Indiana Code:

IC 35-47-2-1 (a) Except as provided in subsections (b) and (c) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body without being licensed under this chapter to carry a handgun.

It is generally very easy for an officer to verify that a person has been licensed to carry as required using a license number, name, DOB, etc.
    It's exactly the same procedure they use if they opt to verify that pink piece of paper is valid.

Unfortunately, our legislature failed to change section 24 when they changed section 2 so the burden of proof still rests upon the carrier if an officer feels like hassling/charging him rather than just calling it in.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Here's the thing . . . . If you copy it onto white paper then it is going to be immediately recognizable as a copy. Do it on pink paper and no one's ever going to be able to differentiate it from the original. Unless the State Police use some kind of highly specialized and traceable ink in their computer printers. :):

I got 12 laminated and signed copies that are absolutely indistinguishable from the original for about $5. And the unsigned original is locked up in case I need 12 more.

+1000^^^^^^^^^^

Unless you want to spend extra time with the officer just do your best to not draw attention to yourself. LEO has a hard enough time doing their job without testing the system.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom