• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Doesn't really matter as much anymore since you do not even need to have it on your person now.

But what the guy above me said

Hmm... I kind of want to practice my newly acquired right and walk to the gas station with my S&W 4566TSW in my Galco holster. It's a cold night, so a coat will cover that beast with ease. But I don't know if I should as my LTCH will be unsigned. Very very unlikely that the 8 block walk will yield in me being stopped. But better safe than sorry!

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    Can I just scan copies of my original locally and store a digital copy of them on my PC so I can print one out in the event I lose the original? I've got a scanner. May save me $0.50 or however much copies cost.

I guess you could, but you're going to need a pack of pink paper. Seems easier to just have Staples or OD copy and laminate them for you. I think I spent a whole $ 5.50 for four.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    I guess you could, but you're going to need a pack of pink paper. Seems easier to just have Staples or OD copy and laminate them for you. I think I spent a whole $ 5.50 for four.

Does the paper actually have to be pink? I mean, you don't even 'need to' carry the license on you, correct? So long as you either have the license # written down or memorized?

I abide by the 'a penny saved is a penny earned' mindset and if I can make a copy at home on white paper, that is fine by me. I don't mind paying for the lamination but $5.50 for four little tiny copies of this? Seems to be about $5 too pricey :P

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Pink Stink, just go to Staples, OK? Get a copy unsigned for your safe box at home plus original also unsigned . Now have Stapes person make you a few of the unsigned copies for your immediate John Hancock and lamination ceremony. I had them do five each for me and the Mrs. Didn't cost much, but my wife is Korean and each one she signed came out looking goofy, so she practced teh sig line a few times, signed one decently and I had a few more copies of just that one duplicated. Cost wasn't a factor like I said as these are Lifetime, and can only wear out. Count down with me...................(1) on me at all times in cell phone pouch, (2) car visor, (3) range bag (4)/(5) fanny pack,camera bag anyother place I may hide MR. Glock twenty seven, (or nineteen,twenty-six,twenty- two or twenty-three) for that matter. I know, I know Staple one to the forhead works better, but thats how we did it. Staples even matches the paper.

SmithGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Does the paper actually have to be pink? I mean, you don't even 'need to' carry the license on you, correct? So long as you either have the license # written down or memorized?

I abide by the 'a penny saved is a penny earned' mindset and if I can make a copy at home on white paper, that is fine by me. I don't mind paying for the lamination but $5.50 for four little tiny copies of this? Seems to be about $5 too pricey :P

There are too many horror stories out there about people who try to cut corners and end up being burned. Anything relating to firearms could produce unpredictable results in front of a jury. Even if the copies cost $100 each, it is well worth your trouble and patience to make the copies and carry in peace. :-)

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    You can get an official copy from the State Police for $20. I couldn't find anybody (drove to 3 places) that would make a copy, kept saying it was against the law or against corp. policy. So I copied it myself on a color copier and had it laminate.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Seems weird that you have to spend all that money to get a cheap piece of pink paper just so you can exercise your 2'nd. I mean no training requirements or even someone telling you what responsibilities come with carrying a weapon. Just pay the money.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Wish I had made copies when I got mine. Wasn't that smart and to get a new, fresh, unsigned lifetime permit from the man isn't cheap.
    I feel dumb. :(

It is dumb that I need a piece of pink paper to say I am OK to carry when I am not in state. I travel to FL often to see the rest of my family and when I am there I need to keep that little pink slip with me to carry legally plus FL wants the firearm concealed and they don't extend to me the ability to carry all the other things they let their permit holders carry like switchblades and brass knuckles.
    All I get is a firearm. :):

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Does the paper actually have to be pink?

Here's the thing . . . . If you copy it onto white paper then it is going to be immediately recognizable as a copy. Do it on pink paper and no one's ever going to be able to differentiate it from the original. Unless the State Police use some kind of highly specialized and traceable ink in their computer printers. :):

I got 12 laminated and signed copies that are absolutely indistinguishable from the original for about $5. And the unsigned original is locked up in case I need 12 more.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Seems weird that you have to spend all that money to get a cheap piece of pink paper just so you can exercise your 2'nd. I mean no training requirements or even someone telling you what responsibilities come with carrying a weapon. Just pay the money.

That's how most pay-to-play legislative schemes work. Arbitrarily restrict something - even a RIGHT, but make it relatively simple to purchase an exception.
    Most people won't even think about the actual infringement once they're licensed or permitted to ignore the restriction.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Wish I had made copies when I got mine. Wasn't that smart and to get a new, fresh, unsigned lifetime permit from the man isn't cheap. I feel dumb. :(

You could always request a replacement from the State Police for $20 and make copies of that.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    That's how most pay-to-play legislative schemes work. Arbitrarily restrict something - even a RIGHT, but make it relatively simple to purchase an exception.
    Most people won't even think about the actual infringement once they're licensed or permitted to ignore the restriction.

Just think if you had to pay for a license to voice your opinion or run for political office or ......

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Well... I got my license laminated but the girl at Staples said she was not allowed to make copies... Oh well, saved me a few dollars and I'll just keep my laminated copy in my wallet. She said she used to make them all the time but got in trouble or something. I told her she could call ISP and that the paper, despite what she said, does not specify that copies could not be made. Well, I didn't want to argue with her or put her in a position to get in trouble with management so I just took the $2.13 lamination of the original.

Oh well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    You could always request a replacement from the State Police for $20 and make copies of that.
    lirtime replacements cost more or at least that is what the little paper said on mine when I got it. It also said I had to carry it and my license all the time so things have changed since I got mine so I suppose I should see what they cost now and if they aren't as expensive as the rest of the pink paper said they were on my original one, then I will. :)

I got mine a while ago, several of the basic renewal type ones ago and so far it has now officially saved me one renewals worth of money. :rockwoot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom