• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i searched but couldn't find a aswer to this question so here goes i have a buddy who bought a ar a few years ago and now he is selling i would like to buy it but he has since joined the army and lives in tennesse so it wouldn't be worth the drive and neither of us have any trips planned anytime soon neither of us are ffl holders so could he just mail me the gun
    thanks in advance

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Im not sure on that one being its in another state ..
    But my guess would be he would have to ship it to an ffl near you , if not have an ffl near him ship it to an ffl near you either way ...most ffl dealers will only charge around $20 to $30 for this service ...my wanna call ups or the usps .
    good luck

Last edited:

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    This is copied directly from the ATF website

(B7) May a nonlicensee ship a firearm through the U.S. Postal Service?[Back]

A nonlicensee may not transfer a firearm to a non-licensed resident of another State. A nonlicensee may mail a shotgun or rifle to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. The Postal Service recommends that long guns be sent by registered mail and that no marking of any kind which would indicate the nature of the contents be placed on the outside of any parcel containing firearms. Handguns are not mailable. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.
    [18 U.S.C. 1715, 922(a)(3), 922(a)(5) and 922 (a)(2)(A)]

In other words he must send it to an FFL here.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Make sure that insurance gets put on it incase it would get damaged during transit. Everyone knows that the mail service isn't the most careful.

Top Bottom