• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    Or grow a tactical beard and put on a dirty baseball cap!

DUDE!

36f44d89-450x311.jpg

Max Volume

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    When the CO bans were first introduced Magpul said they will move within 30 days. Yeah sure, you betcha. All a marketing ploy in my book. I wrote that on their facebook page months ago and they romoved the topic.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    They also stated they were all set to make an announcement, but delayed it because they did not want to release the information and detract from the Boston bombings. Yea, it's been that long...

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I mocked them in the other thread.

Magpul has joined INGO to assure us that they really are leaving.

I have joined INGO to assure you that Magpul said this in . . . March.

Perhaps there has been another bombing in Boston???

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    When the CO bans were first introduced Magpul said they will move within 30 days. Yeah sure, you betcha. All a marketing ploy in my book. I wrote that on their facebook page months ago and they romoved the topic.

Actually we stated we would START moving magazine production out of the State within 30 days. This we did successfully with the first magazines being produced outside Colorado in 25 days after the bill was signed into law.

We generally do not remove Facebook topics so long as they are civil.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    I mocked them in the other thread.

Magpul has joined INGO to assure us that they really are leaving.

I have joined INGO to assure you that Magpul said this in . . . March.

Perhaps there has been another bombing in Boston???

As stated in the previous thread. It takes us about 6 months to vet out a new vendor so planning on moving a business with over 200 employees and a decade of local infrastructure takes a little time.

We were set to announce something a few months ago but something came up with our due diligence that required a modification to the plans.

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas
    My previous posts in the thread referenced above...

Magpul was founded in my basement over a decade ago after my 6 year enlistment was up in the USMC (MOS 0352/0321).

As Magpul started to grow, we got more and more employees and we published a few of our basic foundations to educate everyone internally and externally on why we do things the way that we do. They have been published in the same place, unchanged for over 6 years now (link below).

Magpul | Unfair Advantage

As frustrating as it is to many people we still follow these foundations very closely.

We are a company that promotes individual liberties above all else. Firearms are the tools of the trade for individuals, but our core is far deeper than that. In 2007 we produced a DVD training video that combined solid, fast paced training, along with high production values not normally associated with this industry. The result was a resurgence in both firearm skills training, more high level content being produced by other companies (Panteo etc) and most importantly, more people embracing the individual responsibly to use a firearm correctly as the tool that it is.

The last part is key. In the end individual liberties will only be safeguarded by a large part of the electorate embracing them as something critical to their life. Imagine if someone proposed a bill to ban "cellphones" or "internet access". Any leader endorsing this would have hundreds of millions in the streets protesting. That is the same reaction we need for any encroachment on individual liberties.

Getting there requires a long term plan and "Hollywood" (high production value media projects) is key to raising this issue above the clutter of everyday stuff for ordinary people. For example, in the DVDs we showed an unedited movement drill that had constant communication and volume of fire. People that aren't into firearms still saw that as "professionals at work" and something they could aspire to.

Same is true with the "This is Breslau" movie and the Ronin motorcycle project. It is all about securing "Individual Liberties" as aspirational and essential to happiness (which it is) in the minds of as many as we can still reach.

I hope this helps to clarify our direction and I will be happy to answer questions the best I can.

Richard Fitzpatrick
    President/Founder Magpul Industries Corp

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Are we being trolled? Is Richard Fitzpatrick from Magpul really a member, or are the mods having fun with us?

In any case I really don't care if they move. They make a great product that I'm not giving up, regardless of their postal/zip code.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We have a very small business and it's difficult to move with zero employees. I can't imagine trying to do so with a large corporation and still fulfilling orders.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Are we being trolled? Is Richard Fitzpatrick from Magpul really a member, or are the mods having fun with us?

In any case I really don't care if they move. They make a great product that I'm not giving up, regardless of their postal/zip code.

Oh crap. I kinda agree with you. Not about the trolling, but I would say it like this. If they're not moving to Indiana, I don't really care if they move at all. I'm not going to burn my pmags if they don't move.

Top Bottom