• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do doubt, but will it be a upgrade from the BC medalist thats been on the market in the same price range?

Does it have to be an upgrade from the B&C? I'm very happy with my B&C. Yes, I bedded my rifle into it even though it had the full length bedding block, but a lot of people bed their high-end stocks as well.

IMHO, if this stock is at least on-par with the B&C stocks for performance (accuracy, consistency, rigidity etc) it still gains you detachable mags (and the mags that fit it are affordable), plus it appeared to me (from the short video) that the comb pulls out and it's a storage compartment?? Am I correct on that?

Seems to be quite versatile compared to the B&C, and if it's in the same ball-park on performance then IMHO it would be a good buy at the price point mentioned above. If I could get into detach mags at a sub $300 price-point I'd be on it. Until then, detachable mags can just stay where they're at (in the pockets of people that conveniently have lots of room in those pockets after buying the stock + mags).

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Does it have to be an upgrade from the B&C?

No, but it has to be as good (IMO its not), for basically the same price.

You can get a BC with a detachable mag system for roughly 400 bucks. And that stock takes AI mags which are much better than the Magpul. The Magpul will run you 350ish with the detachable mag. Im not saying this stock wont trip peoples trigger. It absolutely will, but its not the game changer folks are acting like it is (all over the net). Either way makes no diffrence to me, but I know some guy is going to get on youtube and make a video about how this is the absolute best stock in the world, and thats just not the case.

Is it a good stock? Yes, it is.

Is it a great stock? No it is not.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    AA optics, can you give specifics as to what you don't like about it? Versatility? Options? The bedding?

My biggest problem with it is the feel, It just felt cheap compared to the BC. Mabye its all the latch's and dohickies not locking up tight. Another think Im overly picky about is mag wobble. Im a huge fan of the AI mag system that locks up tight as a drum, but this felt like a PTG mag system where the mag wobbles around to much for my liking.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

You can get a BC with a detachable mag system for roughly 400 bucks. And that stock takes AI mags which are much better than the Magpul. The Magpul will run you 350ish with the detachable mag. Im not saying this stock wont trip peoples trigger. It absolutely will, but its not the game changer folks are acting like it is (all over the net). Either way makes no diffrence to me, but I know some guy is going to get on youtube and make a video about how this is the absolute best stock in the world, and thats just not the case.

Thanks Alan, that was the info I was looking for!!!

RichFitz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2013
    Austin, Texas

The Magpul Hunter 700 uses stock AI magazines or the PMag version based upon the AI form factor (which also fits into other AI platforms).

The polymer material used is the same as used in our PMags and AR furniture which is substantially stiffer than stock Nylon 6 (commonly used in this application by companies like HK).

Ergonomics and v block bedding layout was reviewed during the design phase by our resident USMC scout sniper instructor and vetted at our long range rifle courses in WA.

The stocks shown at SHOT were untextured first shots from the injection mold that had been painted to provide texture. Production finish will be on par with current SL furniture for the AR.

Last edited:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    The stocks shown at SHOT were untextured first shots from the injection mold that had been painted to provide texture. Production finish will be on par with current SL furniture for the AR.

I ment to make that point earlier, so thanks for reminding me.

A lot of times what we see at shot is not the "final production model" The final production model might be better.

Top Bottom