• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I just ordered 3 of the Magpul mags from AIM today. Can't beat 15 bucks shipped.

I'll run them for awhile and if I don't have any problems with them, I won't have a problem carrying with them, either, should the need arise. (I'm not sure why it would, with 3 100% proven and reliable factory mags.)

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    202   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Curious how that makes them better or worse? As I said I've used both with zero problems but then I'm not living in a sandbox.

I don't live in a sand box either. I don't know that it makes them worse per sey. I just prefer OEM for the price difference. I only own one Glock and I have 4 mags for it, so for me that is plenty. If I owned several Glock's and wanted a bunch of spare mags, I would look at the Magpul mags, but I have noticed with AR mags, guys are trending back to metal USGI mags. As far as AR's I have plenty of Pmags, they are great mags, but I also have plenty of USGI mags too.

For me I think the metal lining makes them more durable. I guess we will have too see a few years down the road when they have been on the market awhile.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I bought 4 of the Magpul Glock mags on Primary Arms for $7 a piece. I got them specifically as practice mags and use my factory mags as carry mags (The Magpul mags extend a bit lower than the factory mags it seems.

Im kinda surprised you're having trouble with them. I say that because I am kicking the living crap out of them. They are getting dropped on the concrete of my garage when I dry practice mag swaps. They are getting dropped in wet grass and mud in the backyard, stepped on frequently when I move off or transition. They are getting rolled on in the ground when I flail around like a petulant child. The whole 9 yards. I'm not a Magpul fanboy, and would prefer to have piles and piles of factory mags, but I will honestly admit they are surprisingly good mags for me.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    I don't live in a sand box either. I don't know that it makes them worse per sey. I just prefer OEM for the price difference. I only own one Glock and I have 4 mags for it, so for me that is plenty. If I owned several Glock's and wanted a bunch of spare mags, I would look at the Magpul mags, but I have noticed with AR mags, guys are trending back to metal USGI mags. As far as AR's I have plenty of Pmags, they are great mags, but I also have plenty of USGI mags too.

For me I think the metal lining makes them more durable. I guess we will have too see a few years down the road when they have been on the market awhile.

Durability is a non-issue. Is steel more durable than polymer? Of course... but if you are using polymer mags for regular use and not doing things like filling them full of tannerite you won't have any issues with durability.

[video=youtube;Bcx-86k7vPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcx-86k7vPg[/video]

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I bought 4 of the 17 round pmags. Every one of them was having feeding issues where the follower would get stuck halfway up and they were not feeding. I took the springs out and stretched them a little bit put them back in and put lubricate on the inside of the magazine body.

Now they feed perfectly now with no issues. They seem to be holding up just fine shooting uspsa with them

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Just received 4 in the mail today from Primary Arm. I also ordered 2 Zev +5 mag extensions (from DSG Arms) specifically for the Glock Pmags. Looking forward to taking them out and running them through their paces next weekend.

PS, Brownells has Glock 17 OEM mags for sale for $18.99 a piece if anyone wants the real deal.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I just looked at when I got mine. It was 12/14/15 from Midway. They were $15.15 each and free shipping. I bought 20 of them as 12 were a gift for my son. I kept the other 8 for my own Christmas present. :)

Top Bottom