• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    GUN TEST Mag is the only one I take. They accept no advertising and tell it like it is. All the others are just one giant advertisement. They tell you what the manufacturer's want you to read. Period. Why pay for that?

GONZO!!!

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    American Handgunner (reading since the mid-80s)
    Combat Handguns
    Guns and Ammo (since the mid-80s)
    SWAT

I will read any other gun mag but usually at Barnes and Noble

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Become an NRA member and choose your magazine! I also subscribe to American Handgunner and Guns Magazine. You can access these to preview online at americanhandgunner.com and gunsmagazine.com

Rob54

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Merrillville, Indiana
    GUN TEST Mag is the only one I take. They accept no advertising and tell it like it is. All the others are just one giant advertisement. They tell you what the manufacturer's want you to read. Period. Why pay for that?
    Just checked out the website and may need to subscribe to this one! They offer both paper and electronic subscriptions. The first article that caught my eye was Glock vs Springfield. Now I have to subscribe just to finish the article! Thanks A Lot:D

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes

^This^
    I am a long time subscriber and I agree 100%. :yesway:

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    Gun Tests , if you really want an honest opinion about a firearm/firearm related items this is the one to get!

billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I like to read recoil mag. and American Handgunner. But I just buy them at Walmart. I have been thinking about subscribing just to save a couple bucks.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    Shotgun News, Guns and Ammo and Guns Magazine - did receive The Rifleman, but NRA has it online so, leaves more money for Lobbying.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get Guns, American Handgunner, G&A, Shooting Times, Handguns and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting. You can find print subscriptions extremely cheap if you look a bit. I'm rarely over $10 a year and sometimes considerably less.

Also, you can download PDF versions of Guns and American Handgunner, no subscription needed:

Digital Editions | American Handgunner

Digital Editions | Guns Magazine

Also, Half Price Books has previous months magazines for 50 cents and the one by me often has firearms related magazines (NRA mags, as well as SWAT, and others, just depending on what folks trade in/sell). The current month is 1/2 cover price, but previous months are 50 cents each.

I'm thinking of giving Gun Tests a try again. I used to subscribe to them many years ago, and it was a very good, no BS magazine/publication.

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    American Rifleman, Guns and Ammo, Shooting Times. I just ignore all the subscription renewals they send out until they send the one that's only 8 bucks a year. Took me a while to figure that one out, but it works and saves a bunch of money.

Top Bottom