• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ooh, you know liberals hate this sheriff. He uses facts AND statistics, something both of them are allergic to. The video is great, and it proves a point I tried to make to an uninformed tree hugger, which is that limiting magazine capacities will only shave a few seconds max off a determined shooter's ability to fire as many rounds as possible. By the way, his only response was that "those seconds mean lives and most crazed shooters aren't experienced enough to reload very quickly."

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I always facepalm when people call a standard capacity magazine "high capacity". That's like saying the fuel tank on my GMC envoy is "high capacity" because it holds more fuel than the tank on my Mitsubishi Lancer... It may hold more than others but it's by no means "high capacity".

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Having taken a training class by Sheriff Campbell, I can answer that.

At Gunsite, the sheriff is an instructor there, they teach to NOT shoot until slide stop. And they have a rule at Gunsite. Any student who shoots until a slide stop has to buy the class a 6 pack of beer.

Never heard of not shooting until slide lock unless there is a lull where one can do a tactical reload retaining the removed mag.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The idea is to shoot until the last round has been stripped from the mag into the chamber and the mag is empty. THEN, while the last round is chambered, change the empty mag. That way, you never have the wasted action of dropping the slide on a freshly inserted mag in order to continue the fight. You can always continue the fight, even if you're jumped mid-reload, with at least one round to fire.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    The idea is to shoot until the last round has been stripped from the mag into the chamber and the mag is empty. THEN, while the last round is chambered, change the empty mag. That way, you never have the wasted action of dropping the slide on a freshly inserted mag in order to continue the fight. You can always continue the fight, even if you're jumped mid-reload, with at least one round to fire.

And how do you know when the mag is empty?

Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    ...by counting. right?

I noticed the same thing in the video, but just counted the rounds as they flew downrange.

dab77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    NORTH CENTRAL INDIANA
    If they have to tell us how big our soda should be do you really think they feel we should be able to have firearms? What blows me away is people still don't see this steady loss of freedom. I have friends that think Im off the deep end. Maybe I am but that's irrelevant.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    To Mom and Dad America, the video will probably be very effective.
    As an experienced shooter, I was given the impression that there was a concerted effort to skew the results.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    To Mom and Dad America, the video will probably be very effective.
    As an experienced shooter, I was given the impression that there was a concerted effort to skew the results.

No I highly doubt the concerted effert to skew the results. Ken campbell does not operate that way.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Every week I see Obama, Biden, or Feinstein backed up by a pack of police chiefs who are supposedly supporting gun and magazine bans.

What's up with this guy? I'd put a Sheriff in the category of a "police chief", probably more so because he's directly accountable to voters (at least in Indiana) where a police chief is most likely a political appointee.

Just goes to show that "law enforcement" is ABSOLUTELY NOT unanimously supporting the idea that gun bans, magazine restrictions, and the other crap circulating in DC, NY, CO, IL, and other places.

I'd say I'm glad I supported Sheriff Campbell but I live in Hamilton County, so I didn't get the chance to vote for him. I've not seen or heard anything from Hamilton Cty. Sheriff Bowen on this. Anyone else hear from him?

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    The video is great and just confirms what we already know as gun owners. Unfortunately the anti's don't listen to factual data as they only care to push their agenda.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    No I highly doubt the concerted effert to skew the results. Ken campbell does not operate that way.

He may not "operate that way" but you cannot argue that it can appear to an intelligent person that there may have been some (possibly inadvertent) effort to skew the results.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    He may not "operate that way" but you cannot argue that it can appear to an intelligent person that there may have been some (possibly inadvertent) effort to skew the results.

Others have said that not shooting the gun empty is being taught now. While I have never been anywhere where that was being taught it may be some new advice. That would explain why they did the video that way. I have to admit that if that is a new thing I dont like it too much. I think very vew people will ever be able to keep track of their round count in a gun fight.

fallenangel1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Others have said that not shooting the gun empty is being taught now. While I have never been anywhere where that was being taught it may be some new advice. That would explain why they did the video that way. I have to admit that if that is a new thing I dont like it too much. I think very vew people will ever be able to keep track of their round count in a gun fight.

While the not shooting until empty is different it is not the ONLY issue I have with this video there are multiple "issues" that I have with it and it can look to someone like they are intentionally trying to skew things our way. Which makes all of us look like were wrong and the anti-gunners are right. Im not arguing the thought behind the video or the integrity of those who made it. All I am saying is that if they were going to do something like this they needed a set standard way of shooting and pace. When you are using facts and statistics and creating your own data you have to be 100% consistent or else the data is just junk and no one will believe it.

Top Bottom