• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I've got both. Interestingly, I've had no issues with my XD9, but several with my G19. I also shoot the G19 on a 10:1 ratio though. Honestly, so far, the XD has ran everything I've put through it, the G19 choked and would not feed a few wolf 9mms a couple weekends ago. It had just been cleaned too... shot about 150 ish rounds of it; 3 failed to return to battery.

I've had issues with Brown bear, (a couple) in the the G19, but not the Xd as well.

I like both. I go with the Glock mostly for the bore height and smaller size.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've had two glocks and one XD, I've had no problems with any! :-) I miss my 1911's though... :-(

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have never owned a Glock but I bash them just for the fun of getting people excited. I used to want one until I discovered the XD45C. Now I have two carry guns, the XD and a Colt Defender. Good Choice on your XD9SC.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    dsfIt was hard. It was tough. I almost cried... :-)

I sold off my last Glock 26 to finished up financial situations for the wedding. I had plans to buy a new one afterwards when things settled down, but once financials had settled in after the wedding, when I went to make my next purchase, I carried home an XD 9mm subcompact instead of a glock 26. I loved glock, owned both g19 and g26, but decided to give an XD subcompact 9mm a try before I opted for my final non-sell carry piece (lol). I had been a die-hard 1911 fan before I made the switch to 9mm evern (for capacity vs. new ammo expansion reasons), and settled in eventually with my favorite the glock 26. Perhaps because of my extreme love for the 1911, perhaps not, I have made my final decision on the XD because of quick response natual aim reasons (assumed due to to my first love, the 1911 grip angle). I just point faster and more natually with the XD. I'm still suffering from glock withdrawl, with ideas to switch back to a g26, but when I've held my breath for 60 seconds and slapped myself silly into and adrenaline rush and I still point better with the SD subcompact, I have to stick it out. The 3 extra rounds don't hurt either! Anyone else made the switch and suffering from glock withdrawl?

I told my newly wed wife I had to purchase two more 16rd mags and 500 rounds of ammo to seal the deal, and she was ok with that. So now I'm stuck! :-) (no complaints here!!!!!) Fired a few hundred rounds and loving it, just gotta get used to the slight height difference (and tiny width difference). Going strong XD! :ar15:

Good bye glock, I will always love you, but your mags can't fit the new boom stick.

-Goodcat

I don't know, man.....
    You know what they say:

thumbsup.jpg

Heheheeeee...... CONGRATS!!!!!! :rockwoot: :patriot:

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    Your printing issue may be due to your holster :dunno:

Here are the dimensions for each pistol:
    Glock 26
    Length 6.29"
    Height 4.17"
    Width 1.18"

Springfield XD9SC
    Length 6.25"
    Height 4.75"
    Width 1.24"

The XD is a little over a half inch taller and an eighth inch wider for those 3 extra rounds I suppose.

NEOCON

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Warrick county
    After having XD9sc, G19 and an XDm I believe they are all great handguns with each having its strong and weak points. The XDs are great after some rounds and have a great factory trigger. If you are into tweaking and mods on a budget then the Glock is the way to go.
    Myself I have just went back to another G19 simply because after a range session with a buddy and proving to myself that I shoot the Glock much better. Even after thousands of rounds through the XDs and not having shot a Glock in over 2 years. I just cannot deny that.
    Bottom line they are all great it just depends on what you like and shoot best.

Top Bottom