• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    dsfIt was hard. It was tough. I almost cried... :-)

I sold off my last Glock 26 to finished up financial situations for the wedding. I had plans to buy a new one afterwards when things settled down, but once financials had settled in after the wedding, when I went to make my next purchase, I carried home an XD 9mm subcompact instead of a glock 26. I loved glock, owned both g19 and g26, but decided to give an XD subcompact 9mm a try before I opted for my final non-sell carry piece (lol). I had been a die-hard 1911 fan before I made the switch to 9mm evern (for capacity vs. new ammo expansion reasons), and settled in eventually with my favorite the glock 26. Perhaps because of my extreme love for the 1911, perhaps not, I have made my final decision on the XD because of quick response natual aim reasons (assumed due to to my first love, the 1911 grip angle). I just point faster and more natually with the XD. I'm still suffering from glock withdrawl, with ideas to switch back to a g26, but when I've held my breath for 60 seconds and slapped myself silly into and adrenaline rush and I still point better with the SD subcompact, I have to stick it out. The 3 extra rounds don't hurt either! Anyone else made the switch and suffering from glock withdrawl?

I told my newly wed wife I had to purchase two more 16rd mags and 500 rounds of ammo to seal the deal, and she was ok with that. So now I'm stuck! :-) (no complaints here!!!!!) Fired a few hundred rounds and loving it, just gotta get used to the slight height difference (and tiny width difference). Going strong XD! :ar15:

Good bye glock, I will always love you, but your mags can't fit the new boom stick.

-Goodcat

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Upgrading those cookies to bacon. I enjoy hearing of another enlightening.:D

Nice choice for solid reasons.:yesway:

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    I too had a G19 and G26 at one point, I ended up trading both of them off as I prefer my M&P 9c over them. I don't miss them at all. I think Glocks are great guns, but for whatever reason I have never shot them well. I really want to get my hands on a XDm for a full size 9mm and see how I like it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Seeing that you're now a "former" Glock guy, a side-by-side comparison review would be cool! Take some time to get used to the XD and then write up your impressions.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I carried a CZ, before I traded for my Xd. I do not regret it a bit, and I love my Xd. It's controlable, good trigger, and very reliable.

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    My thoughts...

I once owned a XD9sc and I currently on a G26.

I like the G26 way better than the XD. The barrel axis seems lower on the G26.

Do you think the barrel height is higher than the G26?

Both are great, I just feel that the G26 points better for me and I feel that I shoot it better as well.

I do have to say XD's do rock but glock's rock as well. I carry my XD45c 75% of the time..

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I'm a 1911 fan also (the ULTIMATE handgun :D), and carry a G26 when I want to carry a gun that I don't care about, the funny thing is I shoot that very well also. I've never really had a transition problem between the 1911 and a Glock, both shoot really well for me.

Kudo's to you for finding a gun that points and shoots well for you. I really like the XD line and when someone aske my opinion for a good .45 for carry thats polymer, I always recommend either the Glock 30 or XD 45 compact. Great guns. :rockwoot:

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I recently switched my g23 carry for a XD40sc. I was able to keep the G23 but it has been relegated to a lesser position. I still like the glock, but prefer the XD for a carry gun.

As I have said before, I like the glocks and the XD and will not be drawn into any argument about whihc is better. All guns are good.

Last edited:

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    :popcorn:I'm interested in the barrel height comparison, it looks tall!

My thoughts...

I once owned a XD9sc and I currently on a G26.

I like the G26 way better than the XD. The barrel axis seems lower on the G26.

Do you think the barrel height is higher than the G26?

Both are great, I just feel that the G26 points better for me and I feel that I shoot it better as well.

I do have to say XD's do rock but glock's rock as well. I carry my XD45c 75% of the time..

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I believe the barrel height it higher. The slide is taller atleast, because it won't fit into any of the same holsters. Seeing as the barrel is at the top of the slide... :-) It's prob taller. I love it, but told the wife I need to put 500 more rounds through it ;-) So I'm off to the range!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    :popcorn:I'm interested in the barrel height comparison, it looks tall!

Here's a side-by-side with Spasmo's G26 and my XD9SC. Don't know if it helps you or not.

29dfpj8.jpg

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    technical barrel height looks the same, though the xd grip starts lower, bringing into comparison, the barrel sits higher in the hand. XD looks a tad shorter and a bit smaller overall because of the height of the xd slide. hmmmm

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just noticed the top right pic. I'm very interested in the height difference. I'm ok to borrow my friends g26 and do a side by side. The XD was leaving an imprint on my shirts, I'm not that big of a guy. Another thing to consider.. urgh....

Top Bottom