• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Have you watched the Movie, Machette? You will get some good insight as to what works if you do.

I keep a BK1 Brute on my pack. Short and stout, and crazy cheap when I bought mine years ago.

I presume this comment is in jest. As stated early in the thread short will not work for me.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Awesome, that's a damn good machete you chose. I have an ESEE I have used the crap out of. I bought it when they first came out for around $40. I also advocate for the Gerber Brush Axe and Woodsman Pal, but neither are going to fill that traditional looking machete if that's what your after.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i'm glad you listened to old grunt soldier :) i'm telling you i have a 12 and 14 and they are well worth the money. his handle ergos are amazing. its like andy builds them just for you. and 110 dollars really isn't a bad price at all

congrats on the purchase. i'm sure as soon as you hold it you will be very happy

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I presume this comment is in jest. As stated early in the thread short will not work for me.
    You might be surprised to find what does and does not work in Indiana verus the jungle. Even on bamboo, a short heavy blade is very effective, but your choice looks good.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    Anyone every play with the Becker Patrol Machete? Don't know how it would do in the woods, but seems it would take an arm off.- George

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Anyone every play with the Becker Patrol Machete? Don't know how it would do in the woods, but seems it would take an arm off.- George

Your probably the one to know that sort of thing!:eek:

I have no experience with that machete, but I agree, it would probably take one off clean!

bk6.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I use to have one :) sold it but it's a hell of a blade. pretty heavy as far as a 14 inch bladed machete's go imo (over 1lb machete alone). it definitely destroyed brush and was a good chopper, i sold it because of the handles. they just never fit me right. i wish they would have had the micarta options for it and then i would have probably kept it. they are pretty rare and hard to fine now.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Hi guys, well it showed up yesterday.

Disappointed that it has some rust on it before it got to me and the edge has a little roll to it... IMO for that kind of money it should be perfect when it hits my doorstep

Very much approve of it's cutting ability thought it will go through 1- 1 1/2" stuff in one chop didn't try it out on anything bigger figured work wouldnt be happy if I hacked up too much

Fits my hand great I am trying to locate a kydex sheath builder and need to make a lanyard for it.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    don't worry about the rust it's bound to happen as its a high carbon steel blade. just use it and it will come right off, and honestly for 110 dollar shipped you got a great deal on a big well made blade (you definitely won't find a custom handled/regrinded/sharpened 18 inch machete for that amount of money at very many places) either way they are beasts and destroy green stuff like no buddies business. congrats on the blade sir

also as far as the kydex goes try to get one that has a open spine as a 18 inch blade would require a huge draw

Top Bottom