• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    sheila you know I love you but I have to rant. I can't stand when people buy the esee machetes for what are they these days $60 when you can buy the EXACT same blade(minus micarta slabs:rolleyes:) from imicasa for $20. they even tell everyone outright imacasa makes them but hardcore esee fans gobble it up and gladly pay the $40 extra bucks for the name. it drives me crazy!:soapbox:

I love you too Tyler. If I had balls you'd be breaking them right now. :laugh:
    But I don't so all is good. :D

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    sheila you know I love you but I have to rant. I can't stand when people buy the esee machetes for what are they these days $60 when you can buy the EXACT same blade(minus micarta slabs:rolleyes:) from imicasa for $20. they even tell everyone outright imacasa makes them but hardcore esee fans gobble it up and gladly pay the $40 extra bucks for the name. it drives me crazy!:soapbox:

Tyler, you're right. And I've heard Jeff say it more than once, "You guys don't need to buy our machete when you can get it for cheaper."

But, there's just something about ESEE that makes for some really hardcore fans. I honestly think they could stamp "ESEE" on a rock and it would sell.

The micarta slabs are very nice, but I'm not sure they're $40 nice :)

But, hey, I'm all for everyone making as much money as they can, as long as they're honest about it.

It's a moot point to me, I've already got the pinnacle of survival knives: The Bear Grylls Gerber:rockwoot: The last knife I'll ever need.:):

ELMO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Kokomo, Indiana
    If you spend a little money you'll be better off. I went to a local gun show last month and picked up an el-cheapo machette (made in china) for $12 bucks. I took it out the other day to try it out, started to slowly take my time and chop down a 4" diameter tree. Well got about half way through and a big 3" chunk of blade fell off, another few wacks and another couple inches of blade broke off. This machette started out razor sharp but is total junk now. I had to go get my bow saw and finish off the tree. I got a Fiskars brush knife last summer, I think is what they call it and it works just fine. I've chopped down tons of brush with it and even small trees. I might get that gerber one when they are available.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

honestly i can't agree with this statement. the nice micarta grips definitely make it worth the extra money. if you have worked with cheap machete's then you know the handles suck. i don't have the lite machete from esee but i have a couple custom made machete's and they are tons tons better than the cheap plastic handled versions. if your going to use them for 20 minute here and 20 minutes there your fine but if your really going to use a machete for extended periods the nice handles are a big plus imo

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    honestly i can't agree with this statement. the nice micarta grips definitely make it worth the extra money. if you have worked with cheap machete's then you know the handles suck. i don't have the lite machete from esee but i have a couple custom made machete's and they are tons tons better than the cheap plastic handled versions. if your going to use them for 20 minute here and 20 minutes there your fine but if your really going to use a machete for extended periods the nice handles are a big plus imo

not worth the extra money when you can have custom fitting grips for about $5;)

2011-02-15_21-56-30_984.jpg

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol i will not knock those but at the same time there is just a nice feel to the micarta and g10 grips that are well contoured.

the one down side what you posted is they really only work for one grip. but for 5 bucks i agree they would make the cheap handles on most machetes much nicer

Top Bottom