M14forum.com member being sued for his post content!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    The one thing I'm curious about here is what discovery is going to show of SEI's internal workings. One of the big risks in filing a suit like this is that it almost guarantees that whatever the actual cause for the delays was is now going to become VERY public. Even if it had nothing to do with heat treat, I am hard pressed to figure out how it isn't going to cause far more damage than this guy saying he heard it was heat treat.

With what little I know of SEI, I still can't understand why they would want to open up their internal workings to this level of scrutiny over a case which likely has very little provable damages.

Best,

Joe

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I have dealt with this guy on cmp before. he is a serious jerk wad. he tried to jack me on a deal and said he was going to have me kicked off. then went and started a thread talking crap about me. I found the thread and called him on it and it was deleted by mods soon there after. dude is a serious liar and I would have nothing to do with him or support him. im not the only one that had contacted mods and sent messages to them that had been sent by him threatening to have people kicked off and saying he has friends that are mods.

I was assured he was lying and he had no friends that are mods and not to worry. he likes to run his mouth and I wouldn't trust him.

I wonder how old he is, be funny to find out he's a 13 yr. old kid. I don't think its going to work out for SEI, they have to prove how much they lost...how you going to do that? They probably just did this to make the guy shell out some bucks for a lawyer. Teach him a lesson and then drop the case at the last minute.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Well, I am no lawyer, but I did just read the entire complaint as posted on the google docs link and it sure sounds like this Hammonds character is in deep doo-doo. Of courese, that's just the SEI side of things so I expect it to be weighed completely in their favor. I am assuming here that SEI is not having heat issues or any other issues, save the time it takes to manufacture vs. demand - Hammonds is boned.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Well, I am no lawyer, but I did just read the entire complaint as posted on the google docs link and it sure sounds like this Hammonds character is in deep doo-doo. Of courese, that's just the SEI side of things so I expect it to be weighed completely in their favor. I am assuming here that SEI is not having heat issues or any other issues, save the time it takes to manufacture vs. demand - Hammonds is boned.

Keep in mind there has probably NEVER been a complaint filed that didn't make the opposing party out to be no less than 1 degree removed from Satan himself... Take it with a large chunk of salt.

Best,

Joe

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I wonder how old he is, be funny to find out he's a 13 yr. old kid. I don't think its going to work out for SEI, they have to prove how much they lost...how you going to do that? They probably just did this to make the guy shell out some bucks for a lawyer. Teach him a lesson and then drop the case at the last minute.

I know for sure he is in his 30's. he also has a c&r license. either way this dude is trouble.

Top Bottom