• Do you prefer firing the M1 or the M1A

• Total voters

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I hate to have to choose one over the other. They are both great rifles. I like the little extra umph of the 30-06 over the 7.62 nato and I like the uniqueness of that 8 round clip springing out of the rifle after firing the last round, and I still have memories of my black and blue thumb after loading my garand for the first time. So I pick the Garand but I love them both.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    M1A/M14 as a weapon, or a match rifle (sorry guys more accuracy can be massaged out of the M1A) M1 garand for John C. GArand matches, M1 for vers matches, fun at the range, or wall hanger.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I don't have them yet, but really want one of each. I'd have to say the M1 for the history and fun to shoot. But the M1a for accuracy and battle readiness. So can't really choose.

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    I don't know why, but when I shot them, the M1 seemed easier to shoot off-hand. Maybe because it is heavier, it stabilizes a little better for me. I would rather carry the lighter M1A in the field, but the heavier M1 seems to lock on target better for me.

tuocs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    My M14 had been a practical rifle for me, in my own field of engagements of course. For scouting and open terrain operations. I even used it for hunting... No doubt the M1 Garand is a good rifle, but just for collection purposes only:)

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I have to agree with Old Salt. There is something special about the Garand. I don't own an M1-A but will eventually. I have fired them many times as my dad has one. It really is a tough choice.

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    I think the M1 Garand just for the historic aspect (carried by the greatest generation into battle). If I actually used a rifle outside of plinking (hunting) it would have to be the M1a though.

Top Bottom