• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Whats this deal with you have to be a club member to buy from them?

It's not as big a deal as it sounds. If you have a carry permit, that counts as your "shooting activity". For my CMP affiliated organization, I just joined the Garand Collector's Association - The Garand Collectors Association It's 25 bucks and they notify the CMP that you've joined, and you also get 4 pretty cool magazines per year. You have to renew it each year, but even if you let it lapse, as soon as you re-up, they will notify CMP again and you're back in business.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport
    Whats this deal with you have to be a club member to buy from them?

DoggyDaddy speaks the truth. Another option is if you are a member of the US Military active duty or reserve or guard you qualify that way as well WITHOUT having to join a "club" your military ID is your ticket. If you are a police officer active or retired you qualify as well. I can speak to the military route because that is how I qualified for both my rifle and ammo. As I understand it from the CMP being in one of the previously mentioned organizations means you usually qualify at least once a year with a weapon. That's how they look at it. Hope this info helps?

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I guess the NRA doesnt count? So spend 25 bucks for more mail and magazines for something I dont want.. well, its def worth it for a Garand I guess. Still not sure why thats a requirement. Probably just a way to keep pro shooters organizations alive. Thats a good thing

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I guess the NRA doesnt count? So spend 25 bucks for more mail and magazines for something I dont want.. well, its def worth it for a Garand I guess. Still not sure why thats a requirement. Probably just a way to keep pro shooters organizations alive. Thats a good thing
    The magazines are actually pretty cool, especially if you want to learn the history of the gun. They don't spam you with junk mail or anything like the NRA does either.

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

As I understand it. Just being a member the NRA does not count, but shooting in a NRA sanctioned match does. If you go to the CMP site it will explain everything to you.:) Another maybe less expensive option that I believe would qualify you. Is joining the Indiana Rifle & Pistol Association. I used to belong and they are a great group and deal with the shooting sports in Indiana and keep you up to date on state gun laws both present and pending.They hold shooting matches in Indiana etc.. They to have a magazine with membership as well. Their dues WERE $15.00 a year. Not sure if it has went up or not.?Just suggesting it because it would be kind of a local organization as it is Indiana specific. Hope this info helps someone?

Last edited:

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    I bought and paid for 2 service grade SA M1s and neither of them were a 'mixed bag' of parts. Both rifles had been rebuilt using parts from Springfield Armory. Can't say if the same is true for lesser graded rifles, but you've got to read the info at www.thecmp.org., so you know what you're getting. Note: SA marked rifles are NOT the ones built by the company with the same name. That company has changed hands numerous times and has nothing to do with the original manufacture of Springfield M1s, before, during and after WWII. Any SA marked rifle will have been made at Springfield Armory Arsenal.

Last edited:

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I just joined the GCA today. I like the articles I've found over the past couple of years from their journal. I love M1s (& M14s) so I think I will enjoy their quarterly journal

Sgt7330

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rush Co.
    I like the IHC rifles. Hope to hear the CMP releasing the ones they talked about earlier this year that got put on hold with the big rush. To the OP- the high regard for the CMP on here is true, I can vouch as I have bought 4 Garands and several cases of HXP ammo. They are a good organization

Top Bottom