• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I piad 1100 for it. I think thats right around "full price" but I'm happy :)
    Congrats on the "Carbine find" - they are sweet shooters. I still remember the days of going with my dad down to CMP (Alabama location) and bringing back 10+ carbines. He was was paying $600-$650 for them then (about 6-10 years ago), mostly mismatching parts (rebuilt after the war and sent to Greece). I would advise you to stock up on 30 carbine ammo ASAP, as it is getting harder and harder to find. Best price recently is from SGAMMO, 1000rds PPU for $377 shipped.

TheBoss930

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 12, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Guys!! The gentleman I bought it from actually was sizing down his "one of every" collection, and this was one of them. Now he just collects Only Winchester and Rock-Ola. :rockwoot: I just shot it the other day! I love the gun so far! But only one problem. The mags seem to need replaced. It would FTF every few rounds, and even FTE once in a blue moon, and even the bolt didn't catch the last round and "rode over" it. I was using Aguila 110 Grain FMJ. Everything looks fine in the gun, but I'm thinking its the magazines. Any ideas?

Also, I just ordered 500 rounds of American Quality 110 Grain FMJ for $153!

tacticalmaster45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2016
    Evansville
    I have experienced a couple similar "magazine-induced" malfunctions due to worn out springs. Usually the 15rd mags feed better for me though I have had decent luck with some of the 30rder's. I have no idea on sourcing carbine mags - maybe try CMP's website?? Midway has some Auto Ordinance mags but they want almost $30 per :laugh:. Luckily my dad stockpiled carbine mags a few years back when CMP was selling "pristine, still in cosmoline" 15rder's for $5 each.

Orlando8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2014
    Central Ohio
    Here are some pictures! The only sad part is that it doesn't have the correct barrel band on it.:( I need to find a replacement for it.

No sense in replacing the barrel band, the rear sight and stock also arent correct.Probably more parts just cant tell from the pics Your carbine has been through atleast one rebuild, just enjoy her for what she is

Winamac

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Logansport

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members