• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I have one (1 1/2 yrs). great trainer, and matches my other M&P's in terms of ergonomics/function. It's obviously lighter (especially loaded) than the m&p 9 & 40.

My rear sight height adjusting screw stripped out. my fault, not theirs. It seems to prefer copper plated round nosed ammo over just lead. I wish they had adjustable backstraps. The slide is aluminum, so not easily customized... though not looking to customize it in any way.

I love it, but realize it is a bit pricier than others. ZX guns had em for $299 during the summer 1500. I almost bought a 2nd one at that price.

If you're near the west side of indy, you're welcome to try it out.

ETA: My 11 yr old shoots it often. Its a great 22 'entry level' plinker for them, allowing them to discover the mechanics of a semi auto pistol, with a very lightweight slide.

Last edited:

Ltrain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've got an mp15 and the a Ruger SR22. I prefer the mp over the Ruger because of the size of my hands. If I were buying a 22 for my wife or smaller kids it would be the Ruger.

danil

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Mishawaka
    I've been shooting for a couple of weeks now-- and I love it. Has a real nice feel and it fits well in the same holster for the M&P40. Extra magazines seem to be fewer, farther between and a little more $ if you don't want to wait for your dealer to get it on the shelf-- but I did find 2 more last week. I've got about 500 down the pipe and all is good-- had 2 duds so far-- but that was an ammo thing. One fellow commented that he loves the SR22-- but the way he held it allowed the hammer to come back and snap his skin-- wanted to know if others had a similar experience? I plan on firing any duds later with a revolver to verify.

themadmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    I have had good luck with my...er-my wife's M&P22. Shoots well, I like it, and it keeps my wife on the firing line at the range instead of watching the clock and asking if it is time to go. It has paid for itself considering the other pistol she'd want to spend her time shooting is a 5.7.

Needmorammo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Columbus
    I saw what you did there medic. Smooth.( I' m in the same boat ) My wife loves her M&P 22, feeds everything and very accurate.She has small hands but with the interchangeable backstrap has no problem finding the grip she likes. I had a P22 and hated it. Comfortable to hold but very picky on ammo. Would not cycle thunderbolts at all and accuracy was nonexistent. I sold it and bought a sig mosquito. Sweet gun but has a heavy trigger in DA.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The 22's grip is kind of between the small and medium backstrap on the M&P 9.

I love mine.

<= That's what my boy is shooting in this pic

jotto

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    NW Indiana
    I have one and love it. Not picky on ammo. I had the students in my last class use it without issues as well. I replaced the sights with fiber optic ones from Dawson Precision. I'd estimate I have around 400-600 rounds through it.

As far as the P22 I had one a few years ago and was not as impressed. While the P22 is a decent gun I found it really picky on the ammo it liked. Additionally I like the "feel" of the S&W better. Although I am a bit biased as the 22-12 is very similar in feel to my center fire S&W pistols.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    I have a Ruger SR -22 and one of my range buddies, has a MP-22. Both are very accurate. As far as reliability is concerned, my Ruger has required more tinkering to
    get it right. My friends MP-22 seems to shoot just about anything, where my Ruger, can be a little ammo picky. Mine does not like lead nose ammo.
    I think the MP-22 is a better pistol than the Ruger.
    Just my 2 cents.

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm glad to hear all the positive reports on the S&W M&P 22 pistol. I'm thinking about picking up one as well.

Here is a video review of the M&P 22:

[video=youtube;M1c4EhG7kwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1c4EhG7kwE[/video]

Top Bottom