• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gabrielvox1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Camby, IN
    Try this again.... Can anyone explain the M&P trigger to me? It just seems really...odd. It's like that tiny fragile plastic part that breaks off anything you put any kind of force on. I really like the gun, that trigger setup is just very off-putting to me every time I pick one up.

Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    never had any issues with my trigger after couple thousand rounds. actually the trigger is even better now compared to when i purchased it new. Never heard of any problems with it being "fragile".

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    The trigger on mine has operated flawlessly since day one. Just as Nsw550 posted, mine has only gotten better after putting more rounds thru it.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You'd be surprised at how strong that tiny plastic part is.

Do you know how much money goes into R&D of firearms?

Do you know how much money goes into the R&D of polymer development? That's a HUGE business. Huge.

Fact is, many polymers are, on a weight-for-weight basis, stronger than many metal alloys. (depending, of course, on how you measure "strength")

-J-

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Just a variation on any polymer pistols' trigger... I like mine with the Apex sear and strikrker block intalled, just like Glock people like theirs with Ghost trigger bars. FWIW, it doesn't seem any more fragile than the trigger in my XD.

Gabrielvox1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Camby, IN
    Do't get me wrong, I'm not saying that it actually IS fragile, it just looks that way with the little hinge-type piece halfway down. I know how the Glock and XD triggers that look like a two in one set-up work, just haven't had the M&P trigger action explained as to why it need a hinge and couldn't be a solid piece.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    It is an excellent trigger, and I like it much better than the Glock trigger. I put at least 2000 rounds through my Sigma with the same trigger without any problems.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    The hinge is S&W's version of a trigger safety. It can not be pulled unless both pieces are fully aligned. I carry a Sigma with the same setup. It's been trouble free from day one.

Gabrielvox1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2010
    Camby, IN
    The hinge is S&W's version of a trigger safety. It can not be pulled unless both pieces are fully aligned. I carry a Sigma with the same setup. It's been trouble free from day one.

That's the one I was looking for. You can let the thread die now. I never meant to say there was anything wrong with it, or that it was fragile, it just looks that way and has an odd kind of shape/feel to it.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    That's the one I was looking for. You can let the thread die now. I never meant to say there was anything wrong with it, or that it was fragile, it just looks that way and has an odd kind of shape/feel to it.

I realize you have what you are looking for. Just wanted to tell you when I first bought my M&P I wasn't too sure about the trigger. It's really turned out to be a nice feature and I have grown to love it.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Try this again.... Can anyone explain the M&P trigger to me? It just seems really...odd. It's like that tiny fragile plastic part that breaks off anything you put any kind of force on. I really like the gun, that trigger setup is just very off-putting to me every time I pick one up.

Let's turn this around... Convince me that you have ever seen or heard of an M&P trigger actually breaking off.

With thousands of rounds through all of my M&P's, I would have to say that my triggers are still like new.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Question answered, but just to add weight to the durability issue:

Thousands of rounds through my M&P9FS with no trigger issues. I was a little concerned about it when I bought it, but it has proven to be 100% reliable. This gun is the favorite of my 9mm's.

Top Bottom