• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My interest in the shield is that it seems to having glowing reviews for consistant manufacturing qaulity without many of the problems that plague similar sized & caliber pistols. For example, I owned a PF9 for a while and even though it shot well and functioned reliably I never got the sense of "bet your life on it" kind of quality from Keltec. The other comparable in this catagory in my opinion would be the ruger lc9. For me Ruger has just had too many recalls with their auto pistols in recent years for me to feel that confortable with them and my life.

By most professional reviews the shield seems to have a better trigger, reliability, and build quality than it's competitors for a minimal increase in price. When you consider what they sold for before the crazy panic prices at under $500 it seemed like too good of a bargain to be true. I'm not going to say that the shield is the holy grail of carry pistols because I haven't shot or even held one. The closest I've come to one was holding some models that were built to scale. I'm looking forward to getting a chance to buy one but I want to give it a test drive first. For me, the hype about the gun comes from positive reviews from sources that are more credible than average.

bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    Ahhhhh yessssssss. Gun forums: Where the gun you own is the best one and the one you don't sucks balls...
    Same could be said for car forums, truck forums, golf forums, boat forums, airplane forums, ham radio forums, riding lawn mower forums, kitchen food processor forums, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, and so forth.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    When My Lady was looking for a firearm, we looked at semi-autos as that is what she wanted. It became apparent that she could not rack most of the firearms. She liked the feel of the PPS and the Shield but could not rack the slide of the PPS(she also thought the mag release felt awkward). The Shield she could, the Shield she got.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom