• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I just recently picked up a 9mm M&P Shield from the awesome folks at ZX Gun in Fort Wayne the other day and after some fun times at the range, I'd like to use it for carry when I need something lighter. I want to get some night sights for it, but I'm a bit of a noob in that department. The Trijicon look to be well reviewed, but they certainly have a nice price tag attached to them too. I don't mind paying that, but does anyone have experience with some lower cost options they think are pretty great?

Fantastic little gun by the way. It has one of those annoying "safeties" on it, but it stays pretty solidly in the off position well. :)

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I really liked the look of the CAP sights but haven't seen them in person. With tritium in the rear I may really lean to them but I just bought I-Dot Pros also... Picked them over bigdots. Still have the big dot so I may still have to try it out at some point and see what I think.

But to get more direct to your question OP. If you like the trijicon HD's the I-dot pros are the closet thing you can find for less.. Or there is a Operator Pro (I think like the spartan tactical model) that is a three dot sight just like the HD's with 2 blacked out vials in the back rather than the strait 8 design if you prefer that for night... I personally like the yellow over the orange too.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I really liked the look of the CAP sights but haven't seen them in person. With tritium in the rear I may really lean to them but I just bought I-Dot Pros also... Picked them over bigdots. Still have the big dot so I may still have to try it out at some point and see what I think.

Keep in mind that the yellow on the rear sight on the CAP's are not tritium. It is glow in the dark material. In total darkness, you will see a bright front sight and a dull glow in the rear.

Personally, I like this arrangement. My eye is naturally drawn to the brighter front sight.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Keep in mind that the yellow on the rear sight on the CAP's are not tritium. It is glow in the dark material. In total darkness, you will see a bright front sight and a dull glow in the rear.

Personally, I like this arrangement. My eye is naturally drawn to the brighter front sight.

As long as you saw something to create an alignment of sorts I think I would be fine with that... Who knows, I may just have to check them out... Too bad they aren't tritium! Ameriglo needs a build your own sights tool on their web sight or something! I would love the I-Dots with the rear being blacked out tritium vials for a 3 dot picture in the dark, and they have some models that almost fit the bill but just not quite...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    As long as you saw something to create an alignment of sorts I think I would be fine with that... Who knows, I may just have to check them out... Too bad they aren't tritium! Ameriglo needs a build your own sights tool on their web sight or something! I would love the I-Dots with the rear being blacked out tritium vials for a 3 dot picture in the dark, and they have some models that almost fit the bill but just not quite...

You can build your own by ordering the front and rear sight separately. Give them a call. They were very helpful with me when I thought about ordering a Hackathorn rear with the CAP front.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah I looked because I saw blacked out rear but the height was different say between the idots and the spartan tactical's which is basically what I want just with a yellow front sight not orange... The next time I buy sights I think I will call them then. Thanks for the heads up!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom