• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Personally, I'm not a fan of the grips on the M&P, it feels like trying to hold onto an oval. That being said though, I'm the only one in the world that feels that way evidently, and it does come with interchangeable back-straps of different sizes.

You're not the only one. The M&P feels like an XD that swallowed an egg.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    As everyone else said, it's personal preference. Maybe you can try someone's out.
    That said, I liked the 40 m&pc.
    I do not like any of the safeties in the trigger. The m&p is more tolerable to me.
    M&p 3 different backstraps for different sized hands.
    American. Hard to help the economy when most of my dollars go overseas.
    Just all around happy with it.

Upgraded sights to tritium glow sights. Black gun against a dark backdrop is hard to locate.
    Sights don't wear down. No batteries.

Added crimson trace laser to grip. Fits right in the backstrap. Hand activates laser. More "instinctive" in a defense situation.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I havent held just a Xd model. I may try an look at one of them also.

I know Ace in town has both a XD 40, XDm 40, and a M&P 9. I know it isnt a 40 but same form factor and frame on the M&P.

I really liked my XDm 9mm. Very accurate and very easy to handle. The M&P are nice but are pretty fat, at least the the straps Ive held.

But Id go to Ace and at least finger them all :).

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I prefer the XDM out of the two personally. I am wanting one of the 5.25 competition models pretty bad right now, just debating on 9mm or 45acp. I am still leaning on the 45 acp version! XDM's dis assemble easily, have match grade barrels, smooth function, great factory sights. I prefer my Glocks to either of these but I do miss the XDM45 I had, its about time to pickup a new toy. :ar15:

forklfteddie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    both are very nice and will do the job. i owned both and then drank the kool aid.. sorry couldn't help or maybe i did..LOL no matter what you must be confident in whatever you choose. good luck and be safe in the new year.............. Eddie

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I prefer the S&W M&P in .45, but either of the two are fine guns.
    p014.jpg

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice lookin gun Deet! i thought about one in a .45 but if Im going with that caliber Im going to have to get another 1911:D. Im gonna go up to one of the local shops today and see what I can look at. Thanks for all the points of view fellas, greatly appreciated.

Blackduck21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    I love my .40 XD. It is very accurate and comfortable. Based on this thread, I may get a M&P as well. Both sound pretty, pretty, good.

Top Bottom