• ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    M&P has little recoil and is accurate.
    XDm has a little more felt recoil due to the higher placement of the barrel but is accurate as well.

I have owned both and prefer the ergonomics of the M&P. I am much faster with my follow up shots as well.

HandyAndy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Fort Wayne (SWAC)
    See if you can get hands on each of them. Both are great firearms IMHO, but in the end the M&P was just a bit more comfortable in my hand. I do really like the grip safety on the Xd though.

BlueCow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2012
    ive shot both, and i bought the m&p. it felt more natural in my hand, the XDM's weight seemed out of proportion....it was really top heavy. the recoil on the m&p felt much easier to handle and i was much more accurate with it than with the XDm. another thing i liked about the m&p was the guide rod and spring were one piece, so when field stripping the gun i didnt have to worry about the rod or spring taking off on me. as far as looks go, i think the XDm is a better looking gun, but i wasnt concerned about looks =)

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Just my experience. Buy the XD and you wont have to dump money into the M&P trying to get a trigger you can live with.

Apex LOVES M&P pistols because they sell a butt load of trigger parts to fix the M&P trigger. I spent the extra money on a Pro and although the trigger was adequate I still preferred Glocks, XD's, CZ's, Sig's, ofcourse 1911's and even the trigger on the Jericho to the M&P. So I traded it. It was accurate and well made, but not for me. I could not get used to the trigger. Just my :twocents:.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    XD is my choice. Held the M&P and didn't like the feel as the grip didn't set in my hand well.
    You gotta go with what fits your hand best. Both guns are great.

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's a Ford and Chevy thing. You're going to get as many different opinions as there are folks that own them. They are both good guns and either will do the job. Hold both, if possible shoot both and go with what works for you.

HalfCocked

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    One other thought to muddy the water some, there is suppose to be a XD-S version in 9MM coming out soon. I haven't seen an actual release date. If there isn't a rush you might want to see what that option looks like.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I need to shoot a M & P. I like the feel better than the XD. I shot a G17 and a Ruger SR9 and I liked the trigger better on the Ruger. I was glad I shot those two, because I was set on buying a Glock. Still could end up with one, but if I like the way the M & P shoots, I will probably go with that since it fits my hand the best.

I did like the feel of the Sig 229 also, but man that's a big price tag!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom