• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Read around before you do that. Go with a .22lr and you can have a ton of hosts. You can use your M&P 15-22, your 10/22 and what ever else you buy in .22lr.

I considered that, but the thing is, when I grab a .22lr rifle in the middle of the night and shoot a varmit, it's not that loud (my hearing, I have no neighbors), but when I shoot the AR15 in the middle of the night on a silent night when my ears are adjusted to listening hard, it's really freaking loud and my ears ring for a while. That's the primary reason I want a can. Though when I win the lottery I want one for my .50bmg, just because, ya know :rockwoot:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    There is a "how to" link below on adjusting the Extractor, outs worked great after I did this below,,, we have shot 3k rounds sicne

So even though the ejector nose was riding the rail, I tweaked it just a little and ran through another hundred rounds this afternoon with NO failures :rockwoot:

Well, except the one round that didn't fire and when I opened it up and dumped the powder saw that the priming compound was not inside the rim but along one wall of the brass :rolleyes: Can't fault the gun for that, no matter how hard the pin struck it wasn't going off...

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    So even though the ejector nose was riding the rail, I tweaked it just a little and ran through another hundred rounds this afternoon with NO failures :rockwoot:

Well, except the one round that didn't fire and when I opened it up and dumped the powder saw that the priming compound was not inside the rim but along one wall of the brass :rolleyes: Can't fault the gun for that, no matter how hard the pin struck it wasn't going off...

My son ran at least 1500 rounds thru it after the tweak with no issues, before that,,, it had a failure every 2nd or 3rd shot.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I just picked up three more boxes of .22lr. I have never shot through a bulk pack so quickly. It's causing me to reevaluate whether 10k+ rounds stored is enough. I'm seriously considering upping that to 20k+ now.

Hard to keep the little bugger in his box after you've shot him a few times isn't it!!!

My wife just commented to me yesterday about how much more I whine about getting to the range since I've gotten my M&P15-22. Only she just calls it my *New* rifle, at least she knows to refer to it as a rifle since I have pistols as well!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hard to keep the little bugger in his box after you've shot him a few times isn't it!!!

My wife just commented to me yesterday about how much more I whine about getting to the range since I've gotten my M&P15-22. Only she just calls it my *New* rifle, at least she knows to refer to it as a rifle since I have pistols as well!

I hear ya! I swear I have't enjoyed shooting a new gun this much since I got my first .50bmg :D

I have several miles of hiking trails on my property and for a while I'd been thinking of setting up a shoot/no-shoot course along one trail with targets that rotate a bit if there's wind. One side red, one side white. Have 3-4 of them there at each station, and when I come around a bend in the trail or a rise I have to make the decisions which to shoot. I'd not done it before now because as a reloader I cringe at the thought of brass being lost :D. I'm going to do it now!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I hear ya! I swear I have't enjoyed shooting a new gun this much since I got my first .50bmg :D

I have several miles of hiking trails on my property and for a while I'd been thinking of setting up a shoot/no-shoot course along one trail with targets that rotate a bit if there's wind. One side red, one side white. Have 3-4 of them there at each station, and when I come around a bend in the trail or a rise I have to make the decisions which to shoot. I'd not done it before now because as a reloader I cringe at the thought of brass being lost :D. I'm going to do it now!

Wow!!! Let me know if you need a cameraman for some of those runs!! I'll trade cameraman (which I'm horrible at BTW but some video is better than none for training purposes!) duties for letting me run it a few times!!

Also I have a very high level of interest in this sort of course and after having done quite a bit of reading and researching I'd recommend checking out NutnFancy's sledgehammer course that integrates both pistol and near and far rifle target engagement with enough strings of fire to require reloads at various intervals. YouTube - nutnfancy's Channel

Definitely keep us posted on the progress!!

Top Bottom