• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RugerRog

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Indy
    I havent had a need to shop but I would go to 84 lumber on occasion for specialty lumber. There used to be one south of Greenwood, according to their site it is still there. Other than that, the big box stores, Lowes, Menards, Home Depot.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    There is a place in Cumberland off Musing just south of 40 but I can't remember the name. Its where I would check if lowes or anyplace like that doesn't have it. But not exactly close to greenwood.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I got some plywood at menards but it's has bunch of voids in the plys...I expected the bc grade to be a bit better.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Maybe I should ask, how strong is mdf core plywood verses standard plywood? I'm wanting to make an entertainment cabinet under my 135" screen to hold my reciever, movies, speakers, etc. etc.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I got some plywood at menards but it's has bunch of voids in the plys...I expected the bc grade to be a bit better.

BC grade is just what it sounds like. Grade B on the front face with voids filled and sanded. Grade C on the inner plies and the back face with void left as-is.

If you want good plywood you need to get cabinet grade plywood which is typically birch. If you can't find a cabinet grade then you need to atleast get a grade that is the same throughout (all plies are grade B).

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    BC grade is just what it sounds like. Grade B on the front face with voids filled and sanded. Grade C on the inner plies and the back face with void left as-is.

If you want good plywood you need to get cabinet grade plywood which is typically birch. If you can't find a cabinet grade then you need to atleast get a grade that is the same throughout (all plies are grade B).

Ah....what price would I pay for birch cabinet grade or all B grade plywood? How does it compare in durability and strength to mdf core?

BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    Maybe I should ask, how strong is mdf core plywood verses standard plywood? I'm wanting to make an entertainment cabinet under my 135" screen to hold my reciever, movies, speakers, etc. etc.
    I would not use MDF core for structural components. There are a lot lighter, better structural integrity products available.

Top Bottom