• Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Not that it will make one damn bit of difference, but I just sent him this:

Mr. Lugar,

You clearly are no longer interested in representing your constituents. Personally, I believe that you don't even qualify as a R.I.N.O. (Republican in name only) any more. You sir are a liberal Democrat, so please stop disgracing true conservative Republicans by either retiring, or moving to the Democrat party. I'm sure the Demos. would welcome you with open arms as you have been voting side by side with them for more years than I care remember.

You make me ashamed to be a Hoosier Republican!!!

Roger X XXXXX
    Conservative REPUBLICAN

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Here was mine that I sent to him.

I saw today that my Senior Senator came out as proudly supporting the nomination of Judge Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. If we have learned nothing from recent history it is that the Democrats are always on the offensive, opposing Republicans at every step. But not my party. No sir, they continue to try to ingratiate themselves by bending over backwards to their colleagues from the other side. Is it any wonder that the disaffection towards both parties continues to grow. I am 48 years old and have voted for you in every election that you have been up for Senator. I do not believe that I can continue that support. Between this and the stimulus bills, you just don't seem to represent me any longer.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Bravo haldir!
    I too, wrote to tell Lugar of my disgust for his voting record of late.
    I tried to contact his Indianapolis office in early January '09.
    I got a voice mail prompt informing me that Senator Lugars office would be closed for Thanksgiving!
    More than two full months after the holiday had passed, he/staff had STILL not changed the message on his answering service!
    I let him know then that I would be actively campaigning against him.
    I've yet to receive a reply.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    My email to Lugar:

Mr. Lugar,

I am very disappointed in the news report that you have endorsed Sonya Sotomayor. She is completely unsuited to sitting on the United States Supreme Court, as based on her own words

While "compassion" and "understanding" and even "wisdom" may have their place on a jury or even in a judge during the sentencing phase, they have no place in an Appellate Court Judge, let alone a Supreme Court Justice. The duty of Judges in those roles is to see that the law is in accordance with the Constitution as written and, if it is, to see that the law is followed as written. Ms. Sotomayor's statements have made clear that she does not believe that and will instead decide based on what she believes the law should be, regardless of what the Constitution and the Law actually are. This is unacceptable in the Supreme Court.

Also, I was unaware that intelligence and wisdom came with a redoubled X chromosome or from having ancestors from particular parts of the globe. Ms. Sotomayor, the "wise latina woman," is obviously of a different opinion. And speaking of a self-proclaimed "wise latina woman," I have never met anybody who actually was wise who referred to him or herself as wise. One of the first precepts of wisdom is how little one actually knows in the scheme of things.

Sotomayor is completely unsuited to the role of Supreme Court Justice and voting to confirm her would be a complete miscarriage of your "advice and consent" duties as a United States Senator.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    Members of the republican party are perfectly capable of being extremely partisan when it makes sense to do so. However, in this case, Sotomayor is a lock, and it would only hurt Republicans to aggressively attack her nomination. They aren't going to win any constituents over by attacking her (the Republican base isn't going anywhere), but they have the possibility of alienating even more of the hispanic vote. It's unfortunate, but identity politics is alive and well in both parties.

Right there is the whole frikkin problem! It isn't a G D game and I don't give a rat's butt whether the elected official is a D or an R or an I, they are wrapped in to PARTY loyalty and money for re-election instead of being proud to be an American and a Statesman (note that is NOT statist) and we need to wipe the slate clean in 2010 and again in 2012 and keep doing it until those who decide to go in to politics get the message.

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    mike pence

Mike Pence is a Congessman from the Anderson district and would be a very good Republican to oppose Lugar. There had been some talk about a Presidential run for him, but haven't heard anything about that lately. He is rated A- by GOA so he is our kind of people and he is not afraid to stand up for the people he represents. He is not my rep but I figure if they are voting on something that ultimately will affect me then they are representing me no matter where they are from geographically. stay safe

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Members of the republican party are perfectly capable of being extremely partisan when it makes sense to do so. However, in this case, Sotomayor is a lock, and it would only hurt Republicans to aggressively attack her nomination. They aren't going to win any constituents over by attacking her (the Republican base isn't going anywhere), but they have the possibility of alienating even more of the hispanic vote. It's unfortunate, but identity politics is alive and well in both parties.

This is the "finger-in-the-air", Clintonian school of politics. I like my pols with rock-solid principles and a large measure of backbone.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My email to Lugar:

I can't tell you how disappointed I am in your support of Sotomayor. Your position that you support any president's choice as long as they are "qualified" would be wonderful if your democratic opponents worked the same way. When has your opposition ever gracefully supported a Republican president's nominations? What happened to principle? Did you learn nothing from your support of Ginsburg? Sotomayor has proven beyond doubt that she is a leftist, anti-white, anti-gun judicial activist who won't let the Constitution stand in her way in legislating from the bench. No one has the guts to ask her, but it doesn't take much imagination to guess where she will vote on abortion issues. You have abandoned the principles of your constituents. Not only that, but you have paved the way for Sen. Bayh to vote with his party when he is receiving extreme pressure to vote no in the face of his upcoming election. Terrible, terrible vote Senator. I can only hope and pray you will come to your senses before the nomination hits the floor for a vote. I have supported you in every election since I became eligile to vote in 1972, but never again. Please, just retire so that we can get a real conservative in your seat.

Top Bottom