• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just got off the phone with Lugar's office to insist on a NO vote on Sotomayor confirmation. He is voting YES, according to his assistant. I expressed my disappointment to the assistant that the Senator continues to ignore his constituents.

While on the phone i urged NO votes on Cap&Trade (again) and Socialized Medicine. No indication form assistant on the Senators thoughts on these.

Insanity.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Since we have learned from Sotomayor that Latina women are smarter than old white guys, shouldn't any old white male Senators that vote for her immediately resign so that we can have the opportunity of replacing them with wiser people?

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sotomayor is in...it's a done deal. She's actually pretty mainstream in her rulings, but she leans left of course. It seems as though she will probably be pretty similar to Souter, whom she is replacing. Like Souter, I believe that Sotomayor will vote with her mind and within her view of the law, not along party lines. I'm all for independant thought, no matter which way it leans, and I think Sotomayor is an independant thinker. Anyway, you didn't think Obama would nominate a conservative did you?

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    We have to put Lugar out to pasture. He is hanging on to the Republican label because Indiana is normally Republican(we made a mistake in the last election). He is really more Democrat than Evan Bayh. He will be gone after the next election as will a lot of the long term leeches who are implanted in our government.

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sotomayor is in...it's a done deal. She's actually pretty mainstream in her rulings, but she leans left of course. It seems as though she will probably be pretty similar to Souter, whom she is replacing. Like Souter, I believe that Sotomayor will vote with her mind and within her view of the law, not along party lines. I'm all for independant thought, no matter which way it leans, and I think Sotomayor is an independant thinker. Anyway, you didn't think Obama would nominate a conservative did you?
    Welcome to INGO... and

...You Cannot Be Serious?!?!?!

do you know what La Raza is?

- HUMAN EVENTS the Truth about La Raza

This lady hates America and all it stands for. Yes i expect Obama to pick anti- Americans... but I don't expect my Senators to confirm them!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    Anyway, you didn't think Obama would nominate a conservative did you?

No, but some of us get tired of Dems and Republicans playing by different rules. When a Democrat nominates one of theirs the Republicans treat them respectfully and will vote for them if they don't come across as a nut. Starting back with Bork the Democrats started opposing Republican nominees just because they disagreed with them. President Obama even supported the use of filibuster to oppose nominees that he admitted were well qualified but he just didn't agree with what he perceived was their positions.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No, but some of us get tired of Dems and Republicans playing by different rules. When a Democrat nominates one of theirs the Republicans treat them respectfully and will vote for them if they don't come across as a nut. Starting back with Bork the Democrats started opposing Republican nominees just because they disagreed with them. President Obama even supported the use of filibuster to oppose nominees that he admitted were well qualified but he just didn't agree with what he perceived was their positions.

Members of the republican party are perfectly capable of being extremely partisan when it makes sense to do so. However, in this case, Sotomayor is a lock, and it would only hurt Republicans to aggressively attack her nomination. They aren't going to win any constituents over by attacking her (the Republican base isn't going anywhere), but they have the possibility of alienating even more of the hispanic vote. It's unfortunate, but identity politics is alive and well in both parties.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Lugar may be Republican but he is not a conservative or a constitutionalist. This guy is long overdue for getting ****-canned.

Last edited by a moderator:

indyac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Hancock County
    It is sad to say, but it seems a lot of the Republican-Democrat crap is for the TV cameras. The politicians have sold out the people they represent to the bankers, pharma companies, and monsanto.

Luger does need to go (they all do), but he needs to be replaced with a true representative of the people, not somebody else on the take.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    It is sad to say, but it seems a lot of the Republican-Democrat crap is for the TV cameras. The politicians have sold out the people they represent to the bankers, pharma companies, and monsanto.

Luger does need to go (they all do), but he needs to be replaced with a true representative of the people, not somebody else on the take.

I'm not sure a true representative of the people exists. If you have some time, check out this video. It's a little long, and kind of elementary at times, but it's still pretty interesting.

Hulu - Split: A Divided America - Watch the full feature film now.

INGunGuy

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    Jeffersonville, Indiana
    I just wish I could speak directly with Sen. Lugar, but I guess since all you can do is leave a voicemail for him that he could care less about his constituents. I will be doing all I can to get the word out to vote him out of office! Also, how about calling him at his Washington DC home directly since I cant seem to get him at the office?

INGunGuy

Top Bottom