Lugar led Senate seeks to destroy 2nd amend--Call Lugar and Bayh NOW!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Isn't Lugar getting too old for this? He's looking old, and obviously his mind isn't treating him to well with this crap he's been pulling. My 96 year old great-grandmother looks better than him, and thinks clearer too.

originalhonkey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    greenwood
    here is the leter i sent to that prick. i have to say that our government has become an out of control bunch of a$$ holes that need a wake up call.:draw:

Sir I am writing this to let you know that I am truly sad to hear you would allow our 2nd amendment rights to be infringed upon. I was also sad to see you involved with the (slip it threw the back door) games that the rest of the government seems to be playing. I have never been as so sick to my stomach as I am right now watching our government rape our nation, its people, and our great constitution. Sir you have involved yourself in government tyranny sir, and are trying to take away my right to defend myself and my family. I want to inform you that for these reasons you have lost my vote and the votes of all in my family. I hope in the future you will remember what it means to be a US citizen and a patriot who serves our country not a traitor to our own constitution that would sell out your own people for other countries that have no respect for our laws, borders, or our culture.

Good day sir.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Just sent my email to Luger. . :xmad: I posted here and then thought it may be over the top, so I deleted all of it, Sorry. This subject really P&$%ses me off.

Last edited:

duffer426

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    just emailed both of them. have mailed them before on differant 2nd ammendment matters, only Lugar replied. It was just lip service tho. he`s such a fence straddler.

txgho1911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    DFW
    If you are stirred up enough to worry about when they are up for re-election then thank you please keep this enthusiasm because Senators serve 6 year term.
    In the mean time there are local races to get involved in and guess what; YOU NEED TO RUN FOR OFFICE. All of us with like minds need to hit the street and the internet and start networking now for a campaign in the next election year. I have to many points on this to list coherently.

The real question to read from people getting fired up is "what is his town hall schedule back here."

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I sent my letter to Luger but doubt he will respond. We need to find someone to run against him in or convince him not to seek re-election and find some fresh blood and someone who will represent the people of this state.

Raven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Gun Owners of America Deserves Our Support

The gentleman on the Lou Dobbs segment who was advocating for our 2nd Amendment rights was a representative of the Gun Owners of America. The NRA is mentioned frequently here on the board, but not much is said about the GOA. During the last election, I read the Ron Paul forums and many gun rights people there were appreciative of the GOA's efforts, and said the NRA was useless. I paid little attention to the comments then because I hadn't yet found my inner gun-self. But tonight when I watched the Lou Dobbs piece, it was kind of interesting to see that the GOA was there on national TV raising heck about Obama's plan.

Here's a link to more info about the treaty Obama is pushing, along with a sample letter to send to the politicians:
    Obama Pushing Treaty To Ban Reloading

I'm off now to join the GOA.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I do agree that GOA seems like a good organization and I am not going to say the NRA always makes the right decisions but I will say I am a very proud member of the NRA and plan on joining the GOA as well. We need to make sure we let all of our politicians know that we are going to stand up and be heard about our concerns over our gun rights.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    While bombarding Lugar and Bayh, consider thanking Lou for his segment. He has done a number of pro-gun segments over the past few months and I believe he deserves thanks for it. Additionally, it would help us to ensure that he continues to expose this sort of crap.

rlspach

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Senator Lugar,

I wish to remind you that you are an American Senator serving the State of Indiana. Your active support subjugating our second amendment rights and the our rights under the Indiana constitution by supporting CIFTA do not represent the will of the people you are elected to serve.

I believe you need to seriously reconsider your support of this treaty. This treaty has nothing to do with Mexican violence, it has everything to do with political intent to inhibit the natural rights of the people who hired you.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I saw this in another INGO thread. Are these the people to complain to about Lugar and possibly running someone against him in the next Republican primary?

Texas Senator John Cornyn is the head of the National Republican Senatorial Committee. Michael Steele heads the Republican National Committee. The decision to support an anti-gunner over a defender of the Second Amendment rests largely in their hands.

ACTION: Please urge Senator John Cornyn and Chairman Michael Steele not to interfere in Pennsylvania's primary. There is already a pro-gun, electable conservative running in the primary who deserves their support.

You can contact NRSC's Sen. Cornyn at info@nrsc.org or by phone at (202) 675-6000.

You can contact RNC Chairman Michael Steele at chairman@gop.com or by phone at (202) 863-8700.

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Senator Lugar,

I wish to remind you that you are an American Senator serving the State of Indiana. Your active support subjugating our second amendment rights and the our rights under the Indiana constitution by supporting CIFTA do not represent the will of the people you are elected to serve.

I believe you need to seriously reconsider your support of this treaty. This treaty has nothing to do with Mexican violence, it has everything to do with political intent to inhibit the natural rights of the people who hired you.

:+1:Right On!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I contacted them both on this issue today , I have contacted them many times since the "bailout" fiasco started last year and I never get a response .
    I will continue to call and email until I am at the very least acknowledged.
    I will never vote for either of these gentlemen again the problem is finding someone to beat them in their respective primaries.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I saw this in another INGO thread. Are these the people to complain to about Lugar and possibly running someone against him in the next Republican primary?

You need someone to actually do what Toomey did in Pennsylvania. Put together a campaign, raise money, and run against him.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Could we get some info on who decides if opponents get on the ticket in a republican primary against Lugar? That's going to be the only way to get him out & I think it'll be easier than voting for a Dem or a Lib during the general election. Let's take him out in a primary.

I would like to quote myself from 2009 for pure genius thank you!

Happy retirement Sen Lugar!

:rockwoot:

Top Bottom