• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Visionr40

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Fred has been seen at Wal-Mart in Muncie purchasing ammo for his store. A man was buying ammo and wanted one box and a person standing next to him told the clerk he would take the remaining ammo. The person was Fred. Buy cheap at Wal-Mart to stock you store and then jackup the prices. Wounder if Fred has a deal with the clerks at Wal-Mart to let him know when the ammo arrives?

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    hahaha no kidding? I wonder how he would react if someone was to bring that up to him about buying from walmart while in his gun store. Because when i was in there he kept telling people that he was only able to get what he had from his dealers but they were running low. he never mentioned his dealer was wally world :D

inrunner75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Madison County
    Went with my dad several years ago and the guy didn't seem friendly at all. I do have to say however that he responded pretty quickly to an email I wrote him so I'll give him that.

ftbstrd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Yorktown/Muncie
    Ludco

I have only bought 1 gun from Fred and I have to admit he is an a@#$hole! I got a GSG for $479 not a bad price but he acts like you owe it to him to buy from him. I usually use Prarie Creek Pawn. The owner, Adam Kennedy is fair and friendly and usually has good Prices on all of his guns and ammo!

ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I bought my XD40 from him. He knocked of 10 percent and gave me a box of ammo. I think Fred is moody. You have have to catch him on a good day. I believe that is also rare. What I like to do is go there first to see if a firearm I am interested in buying. Then I go somewhere else to buy it. I will concur with Visionr40. I was in walmart yesterday buying ammo and the guy at the counter said that a man from a local gun shop was buying ammo from them and selling in his store. That is why they put a six box limit on ammo.

Bluedragon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    I was in walmart yesterday buying ammo and the guy at the counter said that a man from a local gun shop was buying ammo from them and selling in his store. That is why they put a six box limit on ammo.

I was talking to an employee at the North Walmart about a month ago, and she told me that she too saw Fred in there buying ammo, and that she didn't like him due to his rude behavior. I was also told that he also has someone else come in to buy the rest of the ammo, that he can't due to the six box limit thing.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Fred is an A**. I wouldn't go there to buy anything even if he was the only one that had it. I'd rather sharpen a stick to defend myself than to go to that worthless piece of pond scum again. Yeah, he tried to screw me over about 10 years ago and I told him what I thought and have never been back:noway::ar15:
    Bob

firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have dealt with Fred for many years and yes he is moody! Does he screw you?? Only if you don't know squat about guns! He has always been fair to me and if he doesn't have it he WILL get it for you. He's also one of the few Kimber dealers in IN.

If you are looking for the absolute cheapest price then Ludco isn't for you!!! If you want it today at a FAIR price then give Fred a chance for sure!!

John

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Sorry , if Fred at Ludcos was the last remaining shop in Indiana I wouldn't shop there. I can go to 21st Century Firearms or make the drive to Bob's at Plainfield Shooting Sports and ALWAYS receive a friendly greeting and feel welcome.

In this day and age many have come to accept rude and hateful behaviour as something to be tolerated - not me , I spend my money elsewhere.

firstrock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sorry , if Fred at Ludcos was the last remaining shop in Indiana I wouldn't shop there. I can go to 21st Century Firearms or make the drive to Bob's at Plainfield Shooting Sports and ALWAYS receive a friendly greeting and feel welcome.

In this day and age many have come to accept rude and hateful behaviour as something to be tolerated - not me , I spend my money elsewhere.

Good for you! That's what makes this country so great! To each his own!

endisnigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indiana
    I won't go back to ludco after he charged me $50 to take delivery of and transfer a stripped ar-15 lower. I ordered it myself and had it sent there. Thumbs way down.

lawrence1139

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Muncie
    I have brought 2 guns from 5 way pawn in Muncie, or known as Prairie Creek Pawn. Adam the owner is a nice guy, wife has been here couple of times without me, he treated her good, like a fella gunner

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have dealt with Fred for many years and yes he is moody! Does he screw you?? Only if you don't know squat about guns! He has always been fair to me and if he doesn't have it he WILL get it for you. He's also one of the few Kimber dealers in IN.

If you are looking for the absolute cheapest price then Ludco isn't for you!!! If you want it today at a FAIR price then give Fred a chance for sure!!

John

The words FAIR and LUDCO don't belong in the same sentence. He is a jerk to deal with and has been the same each time I stopped in thinking I will give him another chance. How in the world can you defend him when you say he can ONLY screw you if you know squat about guns. A good person wouldn't screw you in any way but these comments goes to show he is not someone that you want to deal with.

Sdixon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 24, 2009
    Wayne county
    As many have said Fred had a way of making you feel like it's a big hassle to show you a gun. I have been the only one in the store and had the same reaction. Price wise he is always high ocassionally selling above msrp!
    Honestly I expect him to be a little higher because it can't be cheap to maintain the inventory he has. Which is very impressive. I have bought from him when I knew exactly what I wanted and didn't want to trek halfway accross the state to save $30.00
    on a positive note he usally replies to emails within a couple of hours and as his sign says he is open eight days a week!

D-Bo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Funcie
    I have not had a problem with fred, I've bought multiple firearms and a gun safe off of him. My fathere has also bought quite a few things off of him also with nothing but smooth transactions. I think it just depends on how you treat him.:dunno:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have not had a problem with fred, I've bought multiple firearms and a gun safe off of him. My fathere has also bought quite a few things off of him also with nothing but smooth transactions. I think it just depends on how you treat him.:dunno:
    I treated him the way I would like to be treated and he was still an a!@#$%e.
    Screw him.
    Bob

Top Bottom