• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Were you messing around on strangers' property? If you are a grown man and you were walking around, uninvited, in the yards of people that do not know you, yes you are lucky you didn't get shot.

I'm not saying you deserved to get shot. I'm just saying that is the kind of behavior that can get you shot.

Yes. If the RP doubts the getting shot part all they need to do is read up on some of the threads on this site.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    Like they have been saying: best to shake it off and consider the source. Someone is far more likely to regret some he has said than what he didn't say. Consider him like that person that always shows up at the family reunions and just can't help but say something stupid. If it seems like I am cop bashing consider that I was one for four years and left the field because I didn't like the games and double standards. Just saying...

DestructionDan

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    IN KY
    Not so sure I would have shot you for being on my land but you sure would have seen a gun. Asking you what you were doing there.

You were both wrong so let it be. He could still press trespass charges. Nothing would come of it, but his buddies would pull you over for anything down the road.

I did RC for a long time but don't think I would ever go looking for a backyard track.
    I raced 1/8ths always at a REAL track. Website will have a phone # for any good real track.
    Don't want to count the times I was stopped for walking in back yards when I was a meter reader. And had the right to be there. Never any problems but the cops got called a lot. Guy in a green rain suite was in my back yard! OH and I jumped any fence that was in my way.

Made some good LEO friends over the years, never know when you may need them. And if they don't like you they could be on the other side of town.

Cherryspringer

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Lafayette
    I've read your thread and I've read all of these posts. It makes me sad to think that there are fellow Hoosiers that would threaten to kill another human being for simply walking in the wrong spot. It would be different if you were actually doing something wrong, besides trespassing, which I don't see as a crime that should be punishable by death. I pray that my children don't ever accidentally trespass onto the wrong piece of property that is guarded by one of you responsible gun owners that are apparently just chomping at the bit to shoot someone for something. Kind of like that super tough cop. There is a lot power given to leo's and gun owners. If you abuse it you could lose it for all of us. Don't be a jack xxx please. If someone is on your property you might just go talk to them instead of calling the cops or shooting them. Maybe try helping a lost visitor or even offer them a beer, it will make the US a better place. Peace.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Cops make enemies, I'm in a job that makes enemies. If I saw someone walking through a few backyards I'd begin to wonder if maybe they were looking for me not to mention if several houses close to me were recently broken into I really begin to wonder abut your behavior.

Should the cop have said that to you, no. Should you have cut though yards to peer over a fence, no. Best advice is to just let it go.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    Best to let that jerkoff comment slide. Sounds like someone pissed in his wheaties. Like I read in one of the post, an LEO officer isn't really a person to start a pissing contest with. I can't see much good coming from it.

Top Bottom