• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    I want either one of two extremes. Only been living in Indiana for about 2 years now, I have no ties, or cares about the Colts.

But I want to either see the Colts lose every single game, because of Luck. Or I want him to outperform Peyton, in Peytons best year.

I don't want to see an average year.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    I dont think we have much to worry about, you remember Paytons first year they were 3-13.

After that he made history, and Luck looks alot like P.M. did then.

For that matter the back up QB Stanton looks like the best back up i have seen for the Colts in YEARS!

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    One game possibly two preseason and you guys are swinging from lucks nuts. Wow, look forward to 3-13 again.

Haters gonna hate. Some people can't view anything positives, some can. Mentioning that for a young QB he looks good and seems to adapt well early on is far from "swing on his nuts". It's making an observation of how he's performed to date.

Geesh..... I watched last nights game and came away feeling hopeful for the season. There's a lot of young raw talent there if they can get it together. The defense looked stronger than it has in years, and Luck can mocve around the pocket in a way Peyton never could. The kid is an athlete for sure.

Hopeful for this season. Colts fan since 1984.

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    I wouldn't mind them going 1-15 so they could get the #1 pick again (hopefully trade it this time).

I hope Luck can be half the QB Peyton was.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    One game possibly two preseason and you guys are swinging from lucks nuts. Wow, look forward to 3-13 again.

Have you watched him play? The QB situation is much better than it was last year. The defense appears to be in better shape than last year, and special teams can only improve from last year. Luck isn't your average rookie QB.

Myles

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    From what I've seen, I predict a winning season for the Colts this year, as long as, everyone stays healthy.

No freaking way!
    I think 3-5 wins is the best we can hope for. Luck IS a rookie and will make rookie mistakes. The running game is missing a good running back (that will be the first pick of the 2013 draft). The defense is young and learning the new 3-4 system.

I'll be rooting for the Colts like crazy, but they are not very good.

Getting rid of the moron Caldwell helps. Getting rid of the non-defensive Polian is also good.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Luck has the potential to be a fantastic QB (not Manning caliber, but really good).

I can't say for sure that he'll be able to showcase his skills on his current team though...The Colts need a LOT of work.

Last edited:

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    Andrew Luck looks solid (apparently im swinging from his nuts too)
    Against the Steelers he made some mistakes and his receiving core didnt exactly help him. His second interception was in no way his fault.

What I took away from the game against the steelers was his poise and maturity. He threw two interceptions (one for a pick six) and came back out looking like it was the first drive of the game. Calm, cool, collected...THAT cannot be taught, that is a special characteristic that you want in your leader. In that sense he does not look like a rookie.

His movement in the pocket is going to be superior to Manning's and that is just cold hard truth.

We now have a defensive-minded coach and GM which were never the case before. Yet we still have the potential foundation to build yet another powerhouse offense around. I am more excited for the future of Colts football than I have been in a long time.

I do believe the Colts will win between 3-6 games this year, and I am perfectly fine with that. Peyton didnt run the show his first year either.

The bottom line is I like what I see, and I like the potential to build another dynasty. I definately think it is possible to see Luck win more than one super bowl in his career, and hopefully with our Colts. They just need to put the pieces around him and we will be alright.

And another thing, next year the colts will have the second-most cap space in the league. Hopefully we can see an elite running back here soon. No disrespect for Brown, Addai, or anyone else but the Colts' running game has been so soft for so long.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Seriously, folks: A 5-win season this year and there'll be a ticker-tape parade in downtown Indianapolis.

Rookie QB (The hardest position in all of professional sports - according to many), MANY new faces on offense, many YOUNG receivers, wholly new defensive scheme, wholly new "regime" in the front office AND coaching staff.

That simply doesn't = winning season. Teams in flux / transition just don't come out ahead on many of the "little things" it takes to win ball games.

I think it WILL be an exciting season. But, in all honesty, they're a 3-4 win team this year.

I do hope I'm incorrect, but facts are facts.

As to the poster who said that he thought they'd have won 5-6 games last year with Orlovsky starting the whole season: I completely agree with that.

-J-

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I think most games will be fun to watch. But the bottom line is inexperienced teams lose those close ones. I would not be surprised to see some 1-3 point defeats. I expect we will lose in some blow outs too.

Top Bottom