Lucasfilm president says Lando Calrissian is getting his own Star Wars solo film

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    elqQ3PE.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ‘Star Wars’ is faltering because it is obsessed with its past

Probably a good way to put it. Move on

The franchise needs to move forward - in time, in characters, into new plots and themes. It doesn't all have to take place in the same era with the same people.

I'd rather see them go back to the Knights of the Old Republic era and bring back some truly bad ass characters, especially on the dark side.

Revan or Bane or something in that context. I know those are no longer canon, but would be cool to see it go back to that era.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I think the expectations for these Star Wars Stories things are kinda out of whack. They shouldn't be judged by the "main" Star Wars story standards. And unfortunately, Rogue One was REALLY good. It kinda set the expectations really high for these, when they should just be treated as "good movies." Haven't seen Solo yet, but all I'm expecting is a "good movie."

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Disney will ruin the star wars name.
    The force awakens was just a remake of a New hope with new characters, and the last jedi was bad.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    Disney will ruin the star wars name.
    The force awakens was just a remake of a New hope with new characters, and the last jedi was bad.

Disney has ruined it for me. Instead of rolling out these turds on an assembly line as fast as possible, why not take a little time and develop a truly great story? I still can't imagine that the Last Jedi script was handed out and high-fives started flying. It may be impossible for me to truly describe my hatred for The Last Jedi with words.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Disney has ruined it for me. Instead of rolling out these turds on an assembly line as fast as possible, why not take a little time and develop a truly great story? I still can't imagine that the Last Jedi script was handed out and high-fives started flying. It may be impossible for me to truly describe my hatred for The Last Jedi with words.

And just some continuity would be appreciated as well. They reset most of the canon so they can do what they want for the most part, but the new films aren't even delivering good continuity with each other Force Awakens and Last Jedi just didn't continue character development between them, etc).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'd rather see them go back to the Knights of the Old Republic era and bring back some truly bad ass characters, especially on the dark side.

Revan or Bane or something in that context. I know those are no longer canon, but would be cool to see it go back to that era.

This... they should focus on lore, and let the episodes address the classic characters.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I think the expectations for these Star Wars Stories things are kinda out of whack. They shouldn't be judged by the "main" Star Wars story standards. And unfortunately, Rogue One was REALLY good. It kinda set the expectations really high for these, when they should just be treated as "good movies." Haven't seen Solo yet, but all I'm expecting is a "good movie."

Not sure how possible . . . no Kirk . . . no Spock . . . no good.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    Lost all interest in Lando last week when it turns out he is 'pan-sexual'. The apparent bombing of Solo may put some brakes on all this other stuff. Honestly I would rather see some dark side stuff. Darth Maul for instance and Sith in general. No Fett compares even a little in the face of that kind of evil.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Lost all interest in Lando last week when it turns out he is 'pan-sexual'. The apparent bombing of Solo may put some brakes on all this other stuff. Honestly I would rather see some dark side stuff. Darth Maul for instance and Sith in general. No Fett compares even a little in the face of that kind of evil.

I'm curious if young Kasdan (the person responsible for the screenplay and had the need to explicitly declare the sexuality of the character) actually believes Star Wars would exist today if the original three movies had been vehicles for him to promulgate his social justice war and educate the mentally deficient troglodytes who do not share his socio-political ideology?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm curious if young Kasdan (the person responsible for the screenplay and had the need to explicitly declare the sexuality of the character) actually believes Star Wars would exist today if the original three movies had been vehicles for him to promulgate his social justice war and educate the mentally deficient troglodytes who do not share his socio-political ideology?

Well, it kinda worked for Roddenberry....

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    If you can actually equate what Roddenberry did with the current mess . . . :dunno:

I'm not really following you.

The society he built reflected his personal views on "social justice" topics (even though they weren't called that back then) in order to educate those who disagreed with him. Which was really almost everyone in America, at the time. But, there can be little doubt that his portrayal of the future was a propagandistic reflection of his social beliefs of the present.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm not really following you.

The society he built reflected his personal views on "social justice" topics (even though they weren't called that back then) in order to educate those who disagreed with him. Which was really almost everyone in America, at the time. But, there can be little doubt that his portrayal of the future was a propagandistic reflection of his social beliefs of the present.

That's like saying a match when you need to light a fire is the same as a flamethrower when everything is already charred remains.

Top Bottom