• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    I applied and paid for my life time about an hour ago. But I don't remember writing or seeing a place to write my social security number. Does it not have a space or does the person there write it down separately? Sorry just don't want any hiccups. The lady said 4-6 months!!

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    If anyone can answer quickly I would appreciate it. Because if I did miss something, I would like to get it fixed asap.

Hunter88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Okay thank you fellas. I take it that all the forms are the same? No matter where u live in Indiana?

2ARIGHTSPLZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    you said the "lady told you 4-6 months", and I'm just curious because on the Indiana State Police website it says you can expect an answer no later than 60 days!!! Are they giving you the run around? Or are they just THAT backed up this year because of everything that is going on with the potential ban? Honestly, why worry about a LTCH if you are worried about possible confiscation? Wouldn't the LTCH make you an easy target since they'd know where you live and that you obviously have a firearm that they might wanna take? Hopefully with the Indiana FFA we'll just be able to carry being an Indiana resident, and not prohibited from owning firearms. Can you imagine being a part of a map that listed where you and your family live, and what kind of guns are in your house? ;) I don't know whats better. Being able to carry in public via LTCH, or staying off the radar and not getting one.

thatgtrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    They're that backed up. I applied for mine right before Christmas in Greenwood and the Assistant said 8 to 10 weeks.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    you said the "lady told you 4-6 months", and I'm just curious because on the Indiana State Police website it says you can expect an answer no later than 60 days!!! Are they giving you the run around? Or are they just THAT backed up this year because of everything that is going on with the potential ban? Honestly, why worry about a LTCH if you are worried about possible confiscation? Wouldn't the LTCH make you an easy target since they'd know where you live and that you obviously have a firearm that they might wanna take? Hopefully with the Indiana FFA we'll just be able to carry being an Indiana resident, and not prohibited from owning firearms. Can you imagine being a part of a map that listed where you and your family live, and what kind of guns are in your house? ;) I don't know whats better. Being able to carry in public via LTCH, or staying off the radar and not getting one.

They were running extremely long before all the craziness started. I would assume that anyone doing the paper route has not gotten their LTCH within 60 days for a few years now.

Just because you possess a LTCH does not mean that you possess a firearm.

Walken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Clark County
    I applied today in Jeffersonville and they said 2-3 weeks. If it's approved, I'm not even sure if the local police are informed. If you are rejected, I think you get your money back so I guess they would know the timing from that.

We'll see how long it takes.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I applied today in Jeffersonville and they said 2-3 weeks. If it's approved, I'm not even sure if the local police are informed. If you are rejected, I think you get your money back so I guess they would know the timing from that.

We'll see how long it takes.

It will take you a lot longer than 2-3 weeks with the current amount of applicants. And you only get a small portion of the state fee refunded.

Top Bottom