• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I need a little help. I have a 4 year LTCH and on 6/18/12 I applied for my lifetime. I have the receipts but still have not had it come in the mail yet. What can I do? My 4 year expires 9/17/12. I'm in Indy and would greatly appreciate any help. Again what can I do????

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I believe that with your receipts of having paid for your upgrade...along with the soon expiring license...that you're OK to still carry on your person.

I think that's in the ISP FAQ, but not sure.

I'm on my phone or I'd provide a link.

CitizenX

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Tippecanoe
    I need a little help. I have a 4 year LTCH and on 6/18/12 I applied for my lifetime. I have the receipts but still have not had it come in the mail yet. What can I do? My 4 year expires 9/17/12. I'm in Indy and would greatly appreciate any help. Again what can I do????

Seems like it is taking quite a while to get your LTCH. I wonder why its taking so long.... is this wait time normal?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    If you did traditional printing, it could take up to 4 months.... my LTCH lifetime took 3.5 months. If I recall correctly what everyone else has said is the case. But of course this is an Internet site and WANL! verify with ISP before you put yourself on the line.

danmrt868

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    ft. wayne
    when my wife got her ltch (3 yrs ago) it took her 5 weeks and when i got mine (3 yrs ago) it took 7 weeks. You can call the money order number on ur receipt and find out when they cashed ur money order cause ur wait time starts when its cashed . You could also call the processer and see where ur at on time. o yeah got printed at the city police station.

Chesh97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2011
    NE Indiana
    3 months seems rediculous. It should be a month at max I would think. If it were me, I would give the ISP Firearms Licenseing section a call and make sure they have your paperwork and it didn't get misplaced. 317-232-8264

Deusvult

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2012
    Southside of Indianapolis
    I recently applied for a lifetime permit at about the same time as you did, but I received mine within about 4-5 weeks. The ISP website claims that it should normally take 6-8 weeks. I would suggest that you follow Chech97's advice and call the ISP Firearms Licensing Section to see if they can help you. Alternatively, the ISP website says that you can also call the local law enforcement agency that you applied through and ask them to check that your application has been received and is in line to be processed.

bartb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2011
    Johnson County
    http://www.in.gov/isp/files/2010_Firearms_licensing_FAQs%281%29.pdf

Page 3, 5th Paragraph

"An applicant that applies before their current license expires, but their license expires before the new license is received, may carry a handgun by carrying the expired license with a copy of the application received from the local authority as long as the applicant remains a proper person under statute."
    Also See"

IC 35-47-2-6

Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins three hundred sixty-five (365) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.

I would still call and see what the hold up is.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Don't understand the holdup either... when I upgraded to the lifetime almost four years ago... I had it within a business week.

MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    First, IN.GOV, ISP firearms faq page. Then, did you mail it in or did the P.D. that you applied to? I had a friend that called 2 months after his check was cashed by the P.D. and they hadn't sent his application to the ISP firearms division. You might want to check it out through the P.D. first. Then, you can actually call the ISP Firearms Division and get an Idea of what is hanging up your processing. Best I can tell, the P.D. might have dropped the ball. We are all fallable, we are all Union workers just wanting to play cards for $30 an hour plus benefits. The only time somebody ever gives a dang about someone else is if it will truly benefit the person doing the work. Good Luck

Top Bottom